- French narrator
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Jennifer Millie
- Tina Fran
- Harold "Bill" Reginald
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Mable-Monica (debut)
- Officer Rob
- Two country fish
- Magician (mentioned)
- Sea urchins
- Karen Plankton
- Abigail Marge
- Jimmy Gus
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- Bubble Bass
- Two fish in the movie
SynopsisThings are going great at the Krusty Krab, until suddenly an alarm begins to blare, signaling an attempt by Plankton to steal a Krabby Patty. Plankton, controlling the patty, escapes outside with it by making a hole in the door with a laser.
SpongeBob heroically chases after it. After a long chase, SpongeBob finally recovers the Krabby Patty, and is congratulated by the townsfolk, while Plankton walks away sadly. SpongeBob, feeling sorry for Plankton, decides to befriend him.
SpongeBob invites Plankton to go jellyfishing with him, and, realizing he can take advantage of SpongeBob, Plankton goes. At Jellyfish Fields, Plankton remains fixated on evil and destruction, and SpongeBob tries to explain fun by singing "The F.U.N. song." Eventually, Plankton starts singing the song as well, first, he sings the an evil version but eventually, he sings SpongeBob's version and seems to finally be having fun. He seems to forget about stealing the formula, and begins to develop a genuine sense of friendship.
When Mr. Krabs sees this, he refuses to believe that Plankton has changed and sets up a trap for them when they come to the Krusty Krab together the next day. He attempts to tempt Plankton with a Krabby Patty, but he seems not to take the bait. After SpongeBob and Plankton leave to go to the movies, Mr. Krabs begins to suspect that Plankton really has gone straight and nice, until he realizes that he actually did take the patty.At the Reef Cinema, Mr. Krabs appears in front of the projector and shouts "reach into his pocket now and take what he's got!" SpongeBob reaches into Plankton's pocket and finds a Krabby Patty (the other people simply steal from their neighbor's pocket and leave the theater). SpongeBob realizes that Plankton used him to get a Krabby Patty, and Plankton attempts to explain that he realizes now that he only ever wanted friendship, before admitting to everything and running off with the patty. However, he runs directly through the movie screen into a solid cement wall. Plankton is squashed, badly, and Mr. Krabs flicks him off the wall onto Bubble Bass' hand, who mistakes Plankton for a jellybean and chases him around his hand as the episode ends.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
◦ The F.U.N. Song - Sherm Cohen, Brad Carow [title card]
‣ Captain Lenoe's - Michael Arthur, Colin Cater, Mick Graves, The Folk Players, Sarah Graves, Simon Ritchie [opening]
‣ Death Trap - Gregor F. Narholz [alarms go off]
‣ Heroes Win 60 - Gregor F. Narholz [SpongeBob chasing Plankton]
‣ Chase That Car - Laurie Johnson [SpongeBob inflates his hat]
‣ Vibe Link (a) - Richard Myhill ["Wow, a magic shop!"]
‣ In the Cradle (a) - Dick Stephen Walter [SpongeBob tells story about a magician]
‣ Dramatic Cue (d) - Ronald Hanmer ["Plankton, it's you!"]
‣ Kamakani (b) - Kapono Beamer [SpongeBob tries to cheer Plankton up]
‣ Vibe Link (b) - Richard Myhill ["I bet if he had just one friend..."]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill [later]
‣ Queen's Aloha Oe (c) - Kapono Beamer, Queen Lili'uokalani [SpongeBob visits Plankton]
‣ Dramatic Cue (h) - Ronald Hanmer ["That naive cube!"]
‣ Grass Skirts Blowing - Jan Rap [jellyfishing]
‣ Footsteps of Horror - W. Merrick Farran [Plankton's daydream]
◦ The F.U.N. Song - Sherm Cohen, Brad Carow [SpongeBob and Plankton sing this.]
‣ On the Beach - Kapono Beamer [that night]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band [the Krusty Krab the next day]
‣ Dramatic Cue (d) - Ronald Hanmer [photo of SpongeBob and Plankton together]
‣ Footsteps of Horror - W. Merrick Farran ["What's this all about, Mr. Krabs?"]
‣ Facing the Challenge - Gregor F. Narholz ["Hang on there, laddie, I'm a-coming!"]
‣ A Pirate's Life for Me (a) - Ron Goodwin [SpongeBob and Plankton at the movies]
‣ Curse of Evil 1 [#44] - Gregor F. Narholz ["He's decievin' ya! Reach into his pocket now and take what he's got!"]
‣ Fates [#61] - Gregor F. Narholz [SpongeBob finds a Krabby Patty in Plankton's pocket]
‣ Whisper from the Past [#63] - Gregor F. Narholz [Plankton cries]
‣ Glamorous Affair (a) - John Fox, Otto Sieben ["Oh, darling, I knew nothing would ever tear us apart."]
‣ Oyster Girls - Robert Alexander White [ending]
- This episode is available on the Nautical Nonsense and Sponge Buddies, Complete 1st Season, and First 100 Episodes DVDs.
- As of May 3, 2017, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 8.9/10 based on 378 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 8.9/10 based on 226 votes.
- In fan-voted SpongeBob SquarePants marathons, "F.U.N." was ranked #14 during the Best Day Ever event on November 9–10, 2006 and #2 during The Ultimate SpongeBob SpongeBash event on July 17–19, 2009.
- In real life, the speakers in movie theaters are behind the screens.
- When Plankton steals the Krabby Patty, he isn't seen stealing it in the Krusty Krab.
- This episode takes place after "Single Cell Anniversary," because in that episode, Plankton did not know how to sing a song. In this episode, he already knows how to sing.
- This is the first episode to have a designable text in the title card words and have a solid black background.
- The Chum Bucket's special of the day was Chumbalaya, a pun on Jambalaya.
- "F.U.N." is the only episode title so far to be in acronym form.
- The scene where Bubble Bass sits on Plankton has became popular for YouTube Poop videos.
- This is one of the seven episodes in which the 1986 Paramount logo is plastered with the 2002 Paramount logo. The others are "Help Wanted," "Squeaky Boots," "Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost," "Employee of the Month," "Karate Choppers," and "Rock Bottom."
- The Chum Bucket is across town in this episode.
- In most episodes, the said place is across the street from the Krusty Krab.
- This is one of the few times Squidward shows admiration for SpongeBob and cares about the Krusty Krab.
- When Squidward says, "How does it feel to be the most hated thing in Bikini Bottom, Plankton?," he ends it with, "It hurts, doesn't it? I know!," possibly suggesting that Squidward knows he too is disliked by the people of Bikini Bottom.
- The F.U.N. song was sung during the SpongeBob Krabby Patty Celebration at Nickelodeon Suites Resort in Orlando, Florida.
- If one were to listen carefully, the boot squeak sound effect from "Squeaky Boots" can be heard when the policeman puts the "Honorary Rookie" donut on SpongeBob.
- This episode premiered on Dan Povenmire's 36th birthday.
- This episode is tied with "Ugh" for the shortest title, with 3 letters each.
- However, in terms of characters, "Ugh" is shorter than this episode, as this episode has 6 characters compared to 3 characters.
- This is the second episode to have German dub version of this episode with the exact same name as the English version. The first episode is "Plankton!"
- The adventure music heard when SpongeBob chases after the patty is a parody of the Indiana Jones theme music.
- The Krabby Patty appears bigger than usual in this episode.
- When Plankton is talking to Karen, and he asks "What are you talking about?" captions said "What do you mean?"
- Closed-captions misspell two characters:
- "Bubble Bass" as "Bubble Bath."
- This also happened to the original closed-captions for "Pickles."
- And "SpongeBob" as "Sponge Bath," as seen when Karen tells Plankton to befriend SpongeBob so he can steal the Krabby Patty.
- "Bubble Bass" as "Bubble Bath."
- When Karen said to Plankton "What did you do with the Krabby Patty?," the captions said "Where's the Krabby Patty?"
- When she also said to him "You're forgetting the mission," captions said "Remember the mission?"
- When SpongeBob falls back down from the sky, the Bikini Bottomites are holding the word "rookie" while singing "For He's a Jolly Good Rookie."
- The captions said (cheering).
- Plankton is slightly taller than normal.
- When SpongeBob is thrown in the air, the sky is green.
- When he lands seconds later, the sky is blue.
- When the movie theater is first shown, there are eighteen people sitting inside, but in later scenes, there are less.
- When SpongeBob is looking for the patty with binoculars, the fishfolk are walking slowly in lines. But when he spots the patty, they begin walking faster.
- When Plankton is leaning against the door of the Chum Bucket, he appears to be as big as the door.
- When SpongeBob chases the patty off a building, he uses his blown-up hat to bounce about town. However, when he catches the patty at the magic shop, his hat was back on his head and deflated.
- When SpongeBob and Plankton are at Jellyfish Fields, SpongeBob gave Plankton a Jellyfish net, but in the next scene, Plankton is not seen with the net and it's not seen on the floor.
- Plankton hits the wall on the very bottom, but is several inches above the ground when Mr. Krabs reveals the wall.
- Mr. Krabs showed SpongeBob a wrinkled Krabby Patty, but in the next scene, it was normal.
- Bubble Bass was eating jelly beans with no green one, but in the next scene, a green one appeared.
- Plankton's size changes frequently throughout the episode.
- When SpongeBob sings "N is for anywhere, anytime at all" the word anywhere doesn't match up to the letter N, although the word starts with the N sound.
- While Plankton is saying he took the Krabby Patty, his bottom and legs keep disappearing and reappearing.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|