The Elastic Waistband is a superhero who was first seen in the episode: Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V, and later appeared in the episode: The Bad Guy Club for Villains. He is part of The International Justice League of Super Acquaintances. Patrickis briefly given this role. He has the ability to become very flexible. His costume is a green suit with blue and red goggles.
- Flexibility; he can bend into different shapes and sizes.
- Inflatable Gut; reflects attacking projectiles.
1. SpongeBob SquarePants: Lights Camera Pants- His costume appears in the mermalair in the GBA version of the game.
2. Nicktoons: Attack of the ToyBots- Patrick mentions being the Elastic Waisteband when the player is playing as him.
In Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V, he is shown wearing a green costume, blue goggles with red holes, and yellow hair that was shown in SpongeBob's lunchbox.
In The Bad Guy Club for Villains, he doesn't wear a mask, he has a white head band, yellow hair, and a purple suit. This is probably because in The Bad Guy Club For Villains SpongeBob and patrick were watching a LOST episode of the show.
- If he gets stretched out too much he is temporarily unable to revert to normal (although this could just be Patrick's stupidity while wearing the suit)
- The Elastic Waistband is a parody of the Marvel's Mr. Fantastic, DC's Plastic Man, and DC's Elongated Man.
- In the Bad Guy Club for Villains, The Elastic Waistband couldn't stretch but could only inflate his waist, allowing him to reflect things that came into contact with him.
- His costume design is similar to 18-Volt's, from WarioWare, Inc.
- An elastic waistband in real life is a strechable device sewn into clothes in place of a belt, His name references his ability to strech much like the device itself.
- The Dirty Bubble paticularly dislikes him.
- He is also a squinkie in Spongebob Squinkies.