|Interests:||Sneaking into peoples ears and living there|
|Enemies:||Probably its host|
|Portrayer:||Dee Bradley Baker|
|List of characters|
Earworm is a character in the SpongeBob SquarePants series that is the cause of getting a song stuck in one's head. It only appeared in the episode, "Earworm." Sandy is the first to realize SpongeBob has it and says that earworms can be dangerous. Earworms are little worms that make themselves at home in one's brain (in the episode, it was SpongeBob's brain) and plays a recording of the song over and over, and enjoys it (in the episode, the song was Musical Doodle). The only way to get rid of it/them is to lure it/them out with "another catchy tune." Mr. Krabs and Sandy attempted to help SpongeBob get rid of the Earworm (Mr. Krabs sang High Seas Chant and Sandy sang Life on the Prairie). Squidward actually played a catchy song on his clarinet and causes the Earworm to go to him. The Earworm got into SpongeBob by simply crawling through one of his holes. Probably like most victims, it gets into Squidward by crawling underneath the eyelids.
Earworm looks like a green cartooned worm and has an elderly appearance. It sits in a rocking chair when it listens to its music. It is very similar to Tapeworm from the episode, "Pest of the West." Sometimes, it wears a cowboy hat.
- Earworm may be a parody of tape worms.
- It has an evil laugh.
- Earworm is very much like Tapeworm from the episode, "Pest of the West," except it is smaller, green and has no stripes and has wrinkles.
- After fleeing from SpongeBob's head, it crawled into Squidward's head as a result of him creating a catchy song on his clarinet.
- It is voiced by Dee Bradley Baker.
- You can't pull an earworm out because it will damage the person's brain.
|Worms (V • T • E)|
Alaskan Bull Worm • Earworm • French Poodle Worm • Guard Worm • Jan • Kenney • Max • Mr. Doodles • Mrs. Squiggles • Mrs. Wormsley • Nematodes • Peanut Worms • Primitive tapeworm • Rex • Snookiems • Spotted Glistening Meadow Worm • Tapeworm • Unnamed Worm • Worm from Appleworld • Wormy