|Manual of style|
This page serves as a place to request and discuss unprotections.
The following are the policies to the requests for unprotection process.
- A. General
- 1. The requests for unprotection process is an optional process; administrators and assistants can unprotect anything they believe is necessary.
- 2. If there is any controversy over unprotecting a certain page, using this process would be a better way to discussion the issue, as outlined in this article.
- 3. Anyone can nominate a page (article, template, category, image, video, etc.) they feel should be unprotected.
- B. Process
- 1. Fill out a form to create an unprotection discussion.
- 2. Once the discussion is created, the nominator must explain why they feel the article should be unprotected.
- a. If no explanation is given after twenty-four (24) hours, it will be closed as invalid.
- 3. A discussion will occur, centered on that particular page.
- 4. Neutral votes do not count in the final tally for consensus (70%)
- C. Closing discussions
- 1. Only administrators and assistants can close unprotection discussions.
- 2. If an unprotection discussion does not receive a consensus (70%) either way after one (1) month, the discussion can be closed as "no consensus" and the page is kept protected.
- 1. Replace ARTICLE with the name of the article in the box below.
- 2. Click "submit."
- 3. When you submit, fill out the information on the resulting page, then save the page.
- 4. Copy and paste the following under "current requests" of this page, replacing "ARTICLE" with the name of the problem:
- Example: [[ESB:Requests for unprotection/ARTICLE]]
- 5. If the problem you are requesting is a second time, use the following:
- Example: [[ESB:Requests for unprotection/ARTICLE/2]]
- 6. For subsequent requests, add "/3", "/4," "/5", etc.
|Requests for unprotection (edit)|
|No current requests|
See archive here: ESB:Requests for unprotection/archive