|Manual of style|
This page serves as a place to request and discuss restorations.
The following are the policies to the requests for restoration process.
- A. General
- 1. This is an optional process; administrators can restore anything they believe is necessary.
- 2. If there is any controversy over restoring a certain page, abstain from a restoration war, do not restore the page, and bring the page in question to a restoration discussion as outlined in this article.
- 3. Anyone can nominate a deleted page (article, template, category, image, video, etc.) they feel should be restored.
- B. Process
- 1. Fill out a form to create a restoration discussion.
- 2. Once the discussion is created, the nominator must explain why they feel the article should be restored.
- a. If no explanation is given after twenty-four (24) hours, it will be closed as invalid.
- 3. A discussion will occur, centered on that particular page.
- 4. Neutral votes do not count in the final tally for consensus (70%)
- C. Closing discussions
- 1. Only administrators can close restoration discussions.
- 2. Restoration discussions generally last seven (7) days.
- 3. Exceptions
- i. If a restoration discussion does not receive a consensus (70%) either way after one (1) month, the discussion can be closed as "no consensus" and the page will remain deleted.
- ii. If the page in question is a spam page, the restoration discussion may be closed immediately, and the page will remain deleted.
- iii. The creator of a restoration discussion may withdraw their discussion at their sole discretion.
- 1. Replace PAGE with the title of the page you believe should be restored in the box below.
- 2. Click "submit."
- 3. When you submit, fill out the information on the resulting page, then save the page.
- 4. Copy and paste the following under "requests" of this page, replacing "PAGE" with the title.
- [[ESB:Requests for restoration/PAGE]]
Requests for restoration
|Requests for restoration (edit)|
|No current requests|
See archive here: ESB:Requests for restoration/archive