|Manual of Style|
This page is for the purpose of discussing discussion moderator requests. If you would like to make a request, you need to fill out the form so the community can discuss your request. Anyone failing to meet the requirements will have their request deemed invalid and closed.
There are several requirements to request to be a discussion moderator. It is highly recommended that you are able to show examples that you are worthy of having discussion moderator powers. If your request fails, review the comments and take that as advice to help you in any future request.
Per Section B of the promotion policy, the requirements are:
- a. At least one (1) month must have passed since the user's first edit.
- b. The user must have at least two hundred and fifty (250) board thread edits.
- c. The user must have a clean block record for at least three (3) months, not counting invalid blocks.
- d. The user must have support from a majority of all administrators.
- e. The user must have support from a majority of all bureaucrats. If the request fails to do so, it requires 75% support of administrators who are not bureaucrats for the request to pass unless otherwise stated.
List of abilities
The following abilities a discussion moderator has are shown below.
- Archive wall posts (wallarchive)
- Delete article comments (commentdelete)
- Edit article comments (commentedit)
- Edit wall posts (walledit)
- Move article comments (commentmove)
- Move wall messages (wallmessagemove)
- Notify everyone about a Forum thread (notifyeveryone)
- Remove wall threads (wallremove)
- Delete comments on blog articles (blog-comments-delete)
- Has admin access to the forums (forumadmin)
- Remove group from own account: Discussion Moderators
- 1. Replace USERNAME with your username in the box below.
- 2. Click "submit."
- 3. When you submit, fill out the information on the resulting page (username and description), then save the page.
- 4. Copy and paste the following under "requests" of this page, replacing "USERNAME" with your user name:
- Example: [[ESB:Requests for discussion moderator/USERNAME]]
- 5. If you are making a second request, add "/2" to the page name below:
- Example: [[ESB:Requests for discussion moderator/USERNAME/2]]
- 6. For subsequent requests, add "/3," "/4," "/5," etc.
- IMPORTANT: You must answer the questions within two (2) hours of your request's creation. Failure to do so will result in your request being closed as invalid.
Anyone with an unsuccessful request must wait seven (7) days before making another request.
|No current requests|
The following is an archive of users who have requested to be a discussion moderator. The archive lists their username, dates of discussion, and the result.
|TheThomas5252 (W•C)||#2||June 19, 2017 — June 27, 2017||100%||15||—||—||Successful||Discussion moderator, Chat moderator|
|White Stranger is on time (W•C)||#1||May 8, 2017 — May 8, 2017||0%||—||—||—||Invalid||User|
|TheThomas5252 (W•C)||#1||February 17, 2017 — February 24, 2017||67%||14||3||4||Unsuccessful||Discussion moderator, Chat moderator|
|Qwertyxp2000 the second (W•C)||#1||February 18, 2017 — February 19, 2017||0%||—||—||1||Invalid||Assistant|
|Jackninja5DipperGravityFalls (W•C)||#1||January 27, 2017 — January 30, 2017||100%||15||—||—||Successful||Admin|
|TheOneFootTallBrickWall (W•C)||#2||November 26, 2016 — December 3, 2016||90%||19||2||—||Successful||Fmr. Admin|
|TheOneFootTallBrickWall (W•C)||#1||November 1, 2016 — November 6, 2016||71%||20||4||4||Unsuccessful||Fmr. Admin|
|TrevorOntario719 (W•C)||#1||October 12, 2016 — October 19, 2016||83%||10||1||1||Successful||Discussion moderator, Chat moderator|
|SpongeFreddy777 (W•C)||#2||October 10, 2016 — October 17, 2016||86%||12||1||1||Successful||Fmr. Admin|
|MightyMorphinJon (W•C)||#1||July 20, 2016 — July 24, 2016||100%||14||—||—||Successful||Fmr. Admin|
|SpongeFreddy777 (W•C)||#1||July 21, 2016 — July 21, 2016||100%||1||—||—||Invalid||Fmr. Admin|