The following discussion has been resolved. The page has been protected and now serves as an archive. Do not edit this page.
Date Resolved: July 21, 2014
Result: Meeting policies pass; meetings continued at SpongeBobia chat; ESB chat room rating is 0 while SpongeBobia chatroom rating is 3.
During the time of SpongeBob Universe, those involved met together to have meetings every so often. Before SpongeBobia was established, there were small meetings between some users, which gradually evolved into weekly staff meetings. Over the past month or so, non-administrators have been invited to the weekly meetings which have been held at the network's main wiki site, SpongeBobia. Now, it is time to formally establish policies and procedures, and a possible change to using ESB chat for the meetings.
There are two things:
1. A policy proposal
2. Question for which location to have the meetings
Weekly SpongeBobia meetings
1. Every week, the SpongeBobia network community is to hold meetings to discuss many different aspects of the wiki, including projects, tasks, design, ideas, issues, and others.
2. Meetings will be held at 3 p.m. eastern time in the [yet to be determined] chat room.
3. All community members are invited to attend the meetings.
4. Anyone who is disruptive to the flow of the meeting may be asked to leave or kicked. If they are persistant in disrupting the meeting, they will be banned for 2 hours (or until the meeting ends).
1. Each week, an agenda of topics will be gathered for the meeting, which will serve as the order in which the topics are discussed, with more important topics first.
2. Each item will be discussed before moving on to the next one.
3. Ideas for each item will be collected and a summary will be presented at the end.
This discussion will end on Sunday, July 20, 2014 at 8 p.m., eastern time.
Discussion of policy proposal
Support - this pretty much sums everything up. — AMK152 (Wall • Contrib) 02:43, July 14, 2014 (UTC)
Benefits: the meetings can be logged and are on a chat room many people are familiar with.
Strong Support - I Think it Would Really Help Fix Issues Tominator777 (talk) 23:27, July 13, 2014 (UTC)
Strong Oppose - Some users might not want to be a part of the discussion, and having two simultaneous conversations would be distracting. Also, this chatroom is more vulnerable to trolls. Nicko756(M•C•E) Sign! 23:28, July 13, 2014 (UTC)
Oppose - For obvious reasons JosephHawk📪 01:45, July 14, 2014 (UTC)
Perhaps we could have chat logs for the SpongeBobia Wiki? That could work. 12:46,7/15/2014 Muchacha(W•C)OVERTIME?!!!
Oppose - We can't have meetings while other non-participants are trying to chat. 12:46,7/15/2014 Muchacha(W•C)OVERTIME?!!!
Support - This is a wiki so the whole community should participate. All opinions should count (within reason of course). --Spongebob456talk 14:58, July 15, 2014 (UTC)
I would like to point out that we don't only discuss things for this wiki. We discuss everything related to the SpongeBobia network. The SpongeBobia wiki is the perfect place to discuss as it envolves all of SpongeBobia. Nicko756(M•C•E) Sign! 17:47, July 15, 2014 (UTC)
Strong Support - I think it would be better to use the ESB chat. — AMK152 (Wall • Contrib) 17:52, July 15, 2014 (UTC)
Benefits: diverting the meetings here can allow regular discussion to continue at ESB.
Strong Support - I like this chatroom better, as it is ONLY for discussions. However, the only flaw is not having a bot in the SpongeBobia chatroom. I think we should get one. Nicko756(M•C•E) Sign! 23:34, July 13, 2014 (UTC)
The chat room would have to be active every day to get a bot. — AMK152 (Wall • Contrib) 23:40, July 13, 2014 (UTC)
Support - For now, this is good. We don't need/can't have a bot, as Sactage would't create one for a chat that only gets used once a week. JosephHawk📪 01:45, July 14, 2014 (UTC)
Support - This works but perhaps we could put a summery of the meetings somewhere else for people who can't attend due to personal life. maybe something like ESB:Meetings/Summeries/H:M_DMY/ AuronMay the odds be ever in your favor! 02:38,8/23/2015