Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The following proposal has been discussed and is now marked as resolved. The page has been protected and now serves as an archive. Do not edit this page.
Date Resolved: July 21, 2014
Result: Proposal passes.
Since the growth of the chatroom over the past few months, it's time we firmly establish some chat policies. The following policy proposal has been drafted over the course of the past two weeks. The chat policy is now up for discussion on whether or not to make it official.
The proposal concerns adding the chat policies to the policy page and making them official.
2. No spamming. This includes "space time" and typing gibberish.
3. No trolling. Such violation results in an immediate ban.
4. No profanity (except for the words "damn" and "hell", which are allowed if they are used in context and not against another user)
5. Be respectful toward all users, their views, and their opinions. Do not discriminate or harrass anyone.
6. Do not pose as a chat moderator or administrator if you are not.
7. Do not post anything inappropriate or links to inappropriate sites. This includes links content not suitable for children under the age of 13. The chatroom is to remain clean.
8. Do not ask users for personal information. (age, phone numbers, addresses, ASL (age/sex/location), etc.)
9. If you are going to exchange social networking information, do it in a private message (such as Skype, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.).
10. Do not argue or get into a heated debate. Friendly, civil debates are allowed.
B. Underage users
1. It is against Wikia policy for a person under the age of 13 to use Wikia. It is against ESB policy for persons under the age of 13 to reveal their age.
2. Therefore, if a user under the age of 13 reveals their age, they are to be banned from chat for 6 months.
3. If a user claims to be underage, but isn't, they will be banned for 1 week.
4. If a chat moderator or administrator solicits an underage user to reveal their age, they will be immediately demoted, pending a discussion and the underage person will not be banned.
1. All administrators and bureaucrats are chat moderators. A selected few chatters are granted chat moderator status because they are active in chat and trusted to keep the peace.
2. Do not kick or ban users for no reason.
3. Any abuse of chat moderator powers will result in immediate demotion. Any continued abuse may result in a block.
4. Chat moderators have no jurisdiction over what happens in a private message. If someone bothers you, ignore them. There is no definite way to prove what is in a private message.
5. There is a hierarchy in the chatroom. Chat Moderators are outranked by Administrators, and Admistrators are outranked by Bureaucrats. Therefore, if a user is breaking a rule in chat, the users highest in command will deal with them. If they are unresponsive, the responsibility goes down the chain of hierarchy.
1. If you see anything in the chatroom that is a violation of any policies, please report it.
b. Private message an administrator or bureaucrat. You can find a list here: ESB:Administration.
This discussion will end on Monday, July 21, 2014 at 12 p.m., eastern time. — AMK152 (Wall • Contrib) 15:36, July 14, 2014 (UTC)
Strong Support - This sounds good. Nicko756(M•C•E)Sign! 16:07, July 14, 2014 (UTC)
Weak Support - I oppose having a set chat policy, because if we need to modify it in any way, we'll have to have another discussion. But I'll still support this... JosephHawk📪 16:28, July 14, 2014 (UTC)
We do need something set in stone, otherwise someone might complain. We can always update them as needed. — AMK152 (Wall • Contrib) 01:31, July 15, 2014 (UTC)