Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The following proposal has been discussed and is now marked as resolved. The page has been protected and now serves as an archive. Do not edit this page.
Date Resolved: July 13, 2014
Result: Proposal passes.
Due to recent controversy, it is time we establish guidelines for character names.
Here is the following proposal, to add to the policy page:
1. All characters must have an exact source as to their actual names right on their articles.
2. All characters with names must be listed at ESB:Character names with their names and episode sources.
3. ESB will use only character names that are used exactly as they are mentioned. (example: Fred is Fred, not Frederick, Fredrick, Alfred, etc., as only "Fred" was used in the episode.)
4. Characters with multiple names revealed will be used in the order they are mentioned (example: for Nancy Suzy Fish, Nancy was revealed first, followed by Suzy Fish)
5. In order to prevent the loss of information for certain characters, do not redirect or remove information just because a character's name is unsourced. Instead, tag the page and bring up the issue on this page: ESB:Character names under the "issues" section, and such will be addressed accordingly.
This discussion will end on Sunday, July 13, 2014 at 9 a.m., eastern time. — AMK152 (Wall • Contrib) 12:04, July 6, 2014 (UTC)
Support - - Yes, completely agree. I think we should move towards citing character names and other things. --Spongebob456talk 12:09, July 6, 2014 (UTC)
Strong Support - Sounds splendid! Pretzel📪🔎 15:23, July 6, 2014 (UTC)
Strong Support - I strongly agree with this. Nicko756(M•C•E)Sign! 18:09, July 6, 2014 (UTC)
Neutral - - I am fine with most of this, except for one thing. What if there is only one possible name? For example, Margie. I don't think that anyone is named just Margie and there is no other possibility than Margaret. I think that if it is the only possible choice, it should be used. - 120dTalkContribs 21:31 July 6, 2014 (UTC)
Margie could be Margaret, Marjorie, or Maggie. The point is, we don't no. We shouldn't speculate. — AMK152 (Wall • Contrib) 12:47, July 8, 2014 (UTC)