|Manual of Style|
The following is the chat policy for the chatroom at Encyclopedia SpongeBobia.
- A. General (revised August 10, 2016)
- 1. All ESB policies and Wikia policies apply in the chat room.
- 2. No spamming. This includes blank messages, gibberish, and flooding (coming in and out of chat). Writing anything else that is spam can result in a kick or ban by the discretion of the banning moderator.
- 3. English is the preferred language in the chatroom. It is recommended to not use other languages. Using other languages to spam, troll, or to swear is not allowed.
- 4. No trolling. Such violation will result in an immediate ban.
- 5. No profanity including use as an acronym or censored. (except for the words "damn" and "hell," which are allowed if they are used in context and not against another user)
- 6. Be respectful toward all users, their views, and their opinions. Do not discriminate or harrass anyone. Doing so can result in a kick or ban by the discretion of the moderator.
- 7. Do not pose as a user of a higher power if you are not.
- 8. Do not post anything inappropriate or links to inappropriate sites. This includes links content not suitable for children under the age of 13, including sexual content. The chatroom is to remain clean.
- 9. Do not ask users for personal information. (age, phone numbers, addresses, ASL (age/sex/location), religious beliefs, etc.)
- 10. If you are going to exchange social networking information, do it in a private message (such as Skype, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.).
- 11. Do not argue or get into a heated debate. Friendly, civil debates are allowed.
- 12. No chat invasions, that is, inviting a large group to chat, normally to troll and/or spam.
- 13. ChatTags are also enabled on ESB's chatroom. You may have fun with them, but you may not misuse them. i.e., using colors for every message you send.
- 14. All moderator orders must be obeyed unless said otherwise by an administrator or someone of higher power.
- 15. Do not create drama.
- 16. Do not make words by spreading them out into multiple messages.
- B. Underage users (revised July 21, 2014)
- 1. It is against Wikia policy for a person under the age of 13 to use Wikia. It is against ESB policy for persons under the age of 13 to reveal their age.
- 2. Any user who is underage or claims to be underage will not be blocked or banned.
- 3. All underage users will be dealt with by Wikia Staff, not by ESB staff.
- C. Moderators (revised July 21, 2014)
- 1. All administrators and bureaucrats are chat moderators. A selected few chatters are granted chat moderator status because they are active in chat and trusted to keep the peace.
- 2. Do not kick or ban users for no reason.
- 3. Any abuse of chat moderator powers will result in immediate demotion. Any continued abuse may result in a block.
- 4. Chat moderators have no jurisdiction over what happens in a private message. If someone bothers you, ignore them. There is no definite way to prove what is in a private message.
- 5. There is a hierarchy in the chatroom. Chat Moderators are outranked by Administrators, and Administrators are outranked by Bureaucrats. Therefore, if a user is breaking a rule in chat, the users highest in command will deal with them. If they are unresponsive, the responsibility goes down the chain of hierarchy.
- D. Reporting (revised July 21, 2014)