- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Squidward Tentacles
- Dave's Children (debut)
- Frankie Billy (purple; normal)
- Lamprey (mentioned)
- French Narrator
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Elderly Fish (debut)
- Pearl Krabs
- Pearl's Friends
- Larry the Lobster
- Jennifer Millie
- Susie Rechid
- Fred (blue)
- Martha Smith
- Monroe Timmy
- Medley Fishbowl
- Harold "Bill" Reginald
- Norma Rechid
- Abigail Marge
- Shelly Fishbowl
- Officer John Slugfish
- Nat Peterson
The episode starts at the Krusty Krab when SpongeBob notices that Mr. Krabs is filling a hole in the wall with toothpaste. SpongeBob is curious and asks what flavor it is, but Mr. Krabs think he is talking about the hole. Suddenly, the toothpaste begins dripping and causes the hole to crack, making an even bigger hole in the wall.
A fish and his children come to the Krusty Krab, and when they see the hole in the parking lot, he thinks it was a drive-thru and orders from the hole. This gives Mr. Krabs an idea to create a Krusty Krab drive-thru. Squidward warns him about the cost but Mr. Krabs says they'll build it for free. SpongeBob brings in some electronic equipment for the drive-thru but Mr. Krabs just uses a simple menu written on napkins, a microphone made with tin cans, and a sign made from a noodle.
Soon, a customer orders from the drive thru but SpongeBob has trouble getting the food out of the window. He uses a trampoline to get the food to the customer but it hits his outfit, and then the customer gives Mr. Krabs the bill for his dry cleaning. Mr. Krabs then makes the hole bigger with a hammer. Later, Plankton drives by in his tiny car and tries to order a Krabby Patty with the secret formula (but no one sees him) and an old man runs him over. When Squidward replies to the old man's order, the old man mishears and thinks they're closed and drives away.
Later, Pearl and her friends decide to do a prank on Squidward by screaming through a megaphone and ending up having his ear replaced, making Mr. Krabs pay his bill. Squidward says that they need a real microphone and speaker, but Mr. Krabs says those things are too expensive. After that, Larry the Lobster shows up, accidentally breaking the drive-thru microphone with the side of his SUV. Squidward says Mr. Krabs needs to replace the microphone, but Mr. Krabs says "What do I look like I'm made out of tin cans?" and Squidward replies with yes. Mr. Krabs still bills Larry even though he has many tin cans. Then, SpongeBob has trouble getting his food up to the window of his SUV and drops it on his head, so Mr. Krabs hammers a second hole in the wall much higher than the first.
Mr. Krabs hears cars honking and sees a huge line through the entire town to go to the drive-thru. A police officer comes and fines Mr. Krabs for collapsing the traffic, and the officer asks for a Krabby Patty immediately. The mayor then visits and isn't happy about all the cars, so Mr. Krabs solves this problem by breaking a hole for another drive-thru. Then, SpongeBob and Squidward desperately try to feed all of the customers on both sides. Meanwhile, there is a car accident and Plankton sells Chum Nuggets, but he gets run over by the old man again.
SpongeBob and Squidward come but Mr. Krabs thinks they're angry customers, then he realizes it is just his employees. When Squidward asks Mr. Krabs what they'll do, Mr. Krabs thinks it's not that bad but then the customers start to riot and Mr. Krabs breaks another hole and says "More drive-thrus! More money!" Then, the Krusty Krab cracks and falls apart into a pile of dirt. SpongeBob exclaims "Don't worry, Mr. Krabs! We can fix it!" But the tube runs empty and says they will need to buy more toothpaste. The episode ends with Mr. Krabs crying.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Unknown Track 3 - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ Sailor's Sting 2 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs filling a hole in the wall]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [hole becomes bigger]
‣ Cocksure Capers - Phil Green [family driving to Krusty Krab]
‣ Fanfare (b) - Nicolas Carr ["We are putting in a drive-thru!"]
‣ Unknown Hawaiian Sting (c) - "Oh, nonsense."
‣ Sailor's Sting 10 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [microphone system/signs]
‣ Earl's Revenge - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [customer orders through the drive-thru]
‣ Clumsy (a) - Bernd Gesell [dry cleaning bill]
‣ Sailor's Sting 4 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [meanwhile...]
‣ Steel Sting (b) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Problem solved!"]
‣ Zelle 501 - Gerhard Trede [Plankton approaches the drive-thru]
‣ Untitled Tune - Jack Shaindlin [Plankton orders a Krabby Patty]
‣ Steel Licks (e) - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton weakly raises his arm]
‣ Surfing Sponge - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [later...]
‣ Steel Licks (c) - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward screams]
‣ Sailor's Sting 9 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [bill for ear replacement surgery.]
‣ Sailor's Sting 7 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Just then...]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob struggles to give Larry his food]
‣ Botany Bay - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Mr. Krabs, I'm concerned."]
‣ Steel Sting (e) - Jeremy Wakefield ["There, problem solved."]
‣ Sailor's Sting 13 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [long line of cars]
‣ Bikini Bottom Police - Nicolas Carr [cop appears]
‣ Sailor's Sting 12 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Oh, sure, right."]
‣ Bikini Bottom Police - Nicolas Carr ["You're welcome."]
‣ Hall of Fame [#1] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [mayor appears]
‣ Sailor's Sting 12 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Don't you worry, Mr. Mayor."]
‣ Unknown Track 3 - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Squidward frantically serving customers]
‣ Befuddled Gent - Phil Green [Plankton selling chum]
‣ Untitled Tune - Jack Shaindlin [old guy runs over Plankton]
‣ Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton's arm falls off]
‣ Armed Attack - Jean Clero ["They're everywhere!"]
‣ Cloak and Dagger [#70] - Phil Green ["Mr. Krabs, we gotta do something!"]
‣ Unknown Track 3 - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Krusty Krab collapses]
‣ Traveling Along - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob's Frozen Face-Off, Disorder in the Deep, and Complete Eighth Season DVDs.
- As of September 30, 2017, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 7.3/10 based on 89 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 8.4/10 based on 72 votes.
- The side walls of the Krusty Krab are wooden instead of glass in this episode for an unexplained reason. This is so far the only episode where this occurs.
- Running gags: Mr. Krabs smashing holes into the Krusty Krab with a mallet, and Plankton getting run over and squished by the old man.
- There was a total of three drive-thrus Mr. Krabs made.
- Mr. Krabs' drive-thru idea is nothing new. It was featured in a previous episode, "Driven to Tears, (SpongeBob mentioned it but Patrick interrupts him). The difference is that Mr. Krabs had a real drive-thru window and microphone in the earlier episode.
- There was a small drive-thru window in the first three seasons. After season 4, the window disappeared (with the exception of "What Ever Happened to SpongeBob?").
- Three ways of Mr. Krabs being cheap are shown:
- Smashing a hole in the wall for a drive-thru window instead of having someone install one properly.
- Using old napkins as a menu board and tin cans as a microphone rather than the microphone and menu board SpongeBob bought.
- Forces SpongeBob and Squidward to work extra hard instead of hiring more employees to work both Drive Thrus.
- Mr. Krabs used so-called "junk" instead of the things SpongeBob bought because he said it was free. However, if SpongeBob already has it, it is presumably already paid for by SpongeBob, so using it would not cost Mr. Krabs any money.
- Though it is possible that Mr. Krabs was trying to avoid the use of technology. As heard in "Krusty Krab Training Video," he keeps the balance of technology in check at the Krusty Krab due to his fear of robot overlords.
- Squidward says that he wishes he had gone to college, but in "Atlantis SquarePantis," he said that he learned more about art in Atlantis than he did in four years of community college, indicating he did go to college. It is possible that Squidward meant that he wished he had gone to college longer or a university.
- Pearl's red-headed friend looks like a school girl who appeared in "Friend or Foe."
- Squidward was possibly referencing "Accidents Will Happen" when his ear was injured by Pearl and her friends' prank when he said, "I'm not faking it, you know. That really hurt, a lot."
- When Squidward says that his ear hurts, he looks at the screen, and happens to talk to it, which breaks the fourth wall. Plankton also breaks the fourth wall; when he looks at the screen as he pulls up to the drive thru and says he's going to order a Krabby Patty.
- SpongeBob refers to Larry's boatmobile as an S.U.B., which is ironic because while it most likely means Sport Utility Boat, it spells SUB, an underwater vehicle that can dive very deep underwater.
- When Squidward says, "That's nice. That's interesting," it is possibly a reference to "Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy," as it is the same thing said by Plankton in his Texas drawl voice as he impersonated Sandy.
- The green fish mayor from "Doing Time" and "The Great Snail Race" is shown rather than the purple fish mayor from "SpongeBob's Last Stand" and "Sponge-Cano!"
- It is possible that he was re-elected at some point.
- The Chum Bucket hat Plankton wears is similar to the one he wore in "Komputer Overload."
- This is one of the few times Plankton makes money. Ironically, it is the only time where he didn't have the Krabby Patty formula and someone didn't try to intervene.
- This is the second episode that a "telephone" made out of two cans and a string is used. The first was "Fools in April."
- This is the second episode in which Chum Nuggets are seen. The first was "Chum Caverns."
- This is the sixth episode to show a sign as its title card. The others are "Squid on Strike," "No Weenies Allowed," "Krabby Land," "Chum Bucket Supreme," and "SpongeBob's Last Stand."
- This episode premiered two years after "Goo Goo Gas," "Chum Bucket Supreme," "No Hat for Pat," "Overbooked," "I ♥ Dancing," "Tentacle-Vision," "Growth Spout," "Stuck in the Wringer," "Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy," and "The Inside Job" all premiered.
- This episode premiered in Canada on John Lurie's 59th birthday.
- The left and right sides of the Krusty Krab are windows. In this episode, they're solid walls.
- However, this may have been done on purpose so they could tell the plot.
- When the green and blue fish collide with their car, the green fish's underarm is orange for a second.
- At the point where Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob to get the order for the policeman, SpongeBob appears through the kitchen window. Earlier, due to Squidward's complaining, Mr. Krabs moved SpongeBob and the grill to his office and moved his desk to the kitchen.
- There appeared to be a large traffic in the drive-thru, filled with hungry customers. However, the customers could have just entered through the front door and ate inside if they were so hungry.
- Gary is listed in the cast of this episode. However, Gary has neither appeared nor been heard in this episode.