"Doodle Dimension" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season eleven. In this episode, SpongeBob and Patrick become trapped in an alternate dimension where anything they draw comes to life.
SpongeBob and Patrick are with Sandy as she tests her new invention that can send anyone to a different dimension when they walk through the portal that her wheel produces. Sandy needs to go get something from her house, so she warns SpongeBob and Patrick not to touch anything. Despite her warnings, the two wildly touch every button and lever on the machine until it SpongeBob hits a button that produces a portal.
SpongeBob and Patrick then go through a portal machine Sandy has created, despite her warnings and it sends them to a seemingly blank dimension. The two try to find a way out of the dimension but cannot find an exit, prompting them to panic. However, when skidding on the ground from a sudden stop of running, it makes a simple line that comes to life. This prompts SpongeBob to pull the Magic Pencil and draw a bunch of simple doodles until they realize they miss their friends. Patrick then momentarily forgets SpongeBob and draws SpongeBob, which is later revealed to be DoodleBob, SpongeBob points out the error while DoodleBob terrorizes the two by chasing them with the magic pencil. They both fight DoodleBob with the doodles the made of their own but they later turn against SpongeBob and Patrick after DoodleBob redraws them to look evil.
He later kidnaps Patrick and brings him to a doodle castle and ties him on a flagpole. SpongeBob then attempts to rescue Patrick and fight DoodleBob at the same time. Patrick is later thrown at SpongeBob, which releases him from his rope. DoodleBob commands miniature DoodleBobs to attack SpongeBob and Patrick, with the latter eventually floating into the void of the blank dimension with other miniature DoodleBobs.
SpongeBob then doodles Doodle Sandy, which makes a portal to bring them home. After SpongeBob and Patrick are back home, the man from Texas put his hand through the portal and demanded Sandy to return his nuts. The episode ends with DoodleBob spelling "The End."
The episode was confirmed by Vincent Waller on March 7, 2017.
Behind the scenes
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Arnold is Back 1 - Gregor Narholz [Title card]
‣ Rip Tide - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Opening]
‣ Seaweed - Steve Belfer ["Hey, Sandy!"]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (XIII) - Jeremy Wakefield ["New invention?!"]
‣ ? [Portal to other worlds is shown.]
‣ Skipping to Hillbilly School - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Sandy steals nuts from the farmer.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (v) - Jeremy Wakefield [Sandy eats nuts.]
‣ Unknown Track 24 - Control panel is shown.
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (e) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick randomly pushing buttons.]
‣ The Fruitcake Vendor - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob and Patrick pushing buttons after Sandy leaves.]
‣ Missile Disaster - John Fox [SpongeBob activates the vortex/SpongeBob and Patrick enter at the vortex.]
‣ Cres. Trm + Hit 11 C Min - Marcin Pospieszalski [SpongeBob and Patrick going through the vortex.]
‣ Cres. Trm + Hit 11 A Min - Marcin Pospieszalski [SpongeBob and Patrick going through the vortex.]
‣ Harps and Bells - Nicolas Carr ["Wow! We've entered a whole new dimension!"]
‣ ? ["Must be the boring dimension."]
‣ ? [SpongeBob looking for an exit.]
‣ Unknown Track 81 - SpongeBob and Patrick running around.
‣ ? [SpongeBob pulls the magic pencil out of his head.]
‣ Tomfoolery - David Snell [SpongeBob draws his house, Patrick's and Squidward's with the magic pencil.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (n) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I miss real Krabby Patties!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (u) - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick draws DoodleBob.]
‣ Hide and Seek - Arthur Wilkinson [DoodleBob starts babling.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (u) - Jeremy Wakefield ["He disappeared!"]
‣ Hide and Seek - Arthur Wilkinson [DoodleBob multiplies on Patrick's belly]
‣ Gag 12 - Zbigniew Wiszniewsk [Doodles biting Patrick's belly.]
‣ Hide and Seek - Arthur Wilkinson [SpongeBob sprays hose at Patrick.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [Hole in Patrick's belly.]
‣ Hide and Seek - Arthur Wilkinson [DoodleBob emerges from puddle.]
‣ Arnold is Back 1 - Gregor Narholz [DoodleBob trying to hurt SpongeBob and Patrick.]
‣ Death Trap - Gregor Narholz [SpongeBob makes a doodle of Squidward, Krabs and Gary to attack DoodleBob.]
‣ Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer [DoodleBob captures Patrick.]
‣ Battle March Link (a) - Keith Mansfield [SpongeBob sees that Patrick is captured at a doodle castle.]
‣ Battle March Link (d) - Keith Mansfield ["Surrender peacefully DoodleBob, or face the wrath of..."]
‣ Dunces and Dragons - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["...SpongeBob, knight of the square table!"]
‣ Battle March Link (f) - Keith Mansfield [DoodleBob launches fire stones to SpongeBob.]
‣ Star Trekkers 3 - Steve Marston ["Release my friend before I get really tough!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (e) - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick teases DoodleBob.]
‣ Armed Attack - Jean Clero [SpongeBob and Patrick surrounded by copies of DoodleBob.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (h) - Jeremy Wakefield ["We're still stuck here!"]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob gets an idea.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (XIV) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob draws a doodle of Sandy.]
‣ ? [Doodle Sandy draws a vortex doodle.]
‣ Missile Disaster - John Fox [SpongeBob and Patrick return to Sandy's treedome through the portal.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick put on helmets.]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["What?"]
‣ Skipping to Hillbilly School - Nicolas Carr,Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Give me back my nuts!"]
‣ Tomfoolery - David Snell [Ending]
- As of May 14, 2018, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 9.2/10 based on 51 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 10.0/10 based on 2 votes.
- This is the first episode appearance of DoodleBob in the series since "Frankendoodle."
- When the episode originally aired, it was paired with "Grandmum's the Word." On the next day, it was paired with "Fun-Sized Friends."
- This is one of the few episodes to have a "The End" card.
- This episode premiered in Canada on May 3, 2018, along with its sister episode "Moving Bubble Bass."
- In the Nintendo DS game and the online game based on "Frankendoodle," Doodle Patrick, Squid Doodle, Doodle Plankton, and the other doodles are DoodleBob's employees and best friends, but they are not seen or referenced in this episode.
- Instead of recording new audio for DoodleBob for this episode, DoodleBob's original voice clips from "Frankendoodle" are re-used.
- The old coot in the live action segment is portrayed by co-show runner Vincent Waller.
- This episode marks the first usage of the APM track "Death Trap" since "To Save a Squirrel."
- This episode premiered seventeen years after "Shanghaied," five years after "Evil Spatula," and two years after SpongeBob Comics No. 54 was released.
- The title card track for this episode is the same as "Frankendoodle."
- The designs of Doodle Squidward and Doodle Mr. Krabs are a reference to "Bossy Boots," in which Pearl asks SpongeBob what changes he wants to make to the Krusty Krab and he shows very similar-looking doodles of Squidward and Mr. Krabs with mustaches.
- The way SpongeBob and Patrick run back into the same place is a reference to how Squidward runs through Nowhere in "SB-129."
- All of the Battle March Links play in this episode.
- The music that plays when SpongeBob and Patrick try to find an exit is the same as the one in "Squidward in Clarinetland" when Patrick plays the pinball game, marking its first usage since that episode.
- This episode has a similar plot to Futurama episode "2-D Blacktop," which involves the characters being trapped in a seemingly blank dimension.
- After SpongeBob misses a rock, he laughs in a way identical to that of Nelson Muntz from The Simpsons.
- Sandy's invention could be a reference to the popular animated series Rick and Morty.
- In various scenes, SpongeBob's writing shoe reappears and disappears either on his feet or him writing with it.
- The pairings of Sherm Cohen and Bob Jaques credit sequence still not fixed.
- In the credits, old coot is credited as Tom Kenny, even though he did not voice him.
SpongeBob SquarePants Angry DoodleBob Nickelodeon UK