"Don't Wake Patrick" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season ten. In this episode, Patrick sleepwalks and SpongeBob can't wake him up.
SpongeBob gets ready for bed, but then he feels thirsty. He goes downstairs to get a glass of water but then spits it out in surprise upon seeing that the entire downstairs floor is a mess. He then finds out that Patrick is sleepwalking and that he is the cause of the mess. SpongeBob then tries to wake him up by calling his name, pulling his shorts, banging on pots and pans, using an air horn, pulling on his eyelids, and using his foghorn alarm. However, all of the attempts fail and Patrick sleepwalks towards the toaster. He puts two slices of bread in the toaster, then splatters a bar of butter on it, then he eats the toaster. He burps out toast, eats it, then walks towards the refrigerator. He opens the fridge, eats a container, then puts a carton of eggs on his butt. He then continues to walk (with his head inside the fridge) and breaks the wall. He then takes the fridge and throws it against another wall, breaking it.
He starts walking through the hole, onto a road filled with driving boats. Patrick manages to make it through, but SpongeBob gets hit by a bunch of boats, then lands on the ground on the other side of the road, later getting stepped on by Patrick.
Patrick then walks into someone's house, walks by two fish sleeping, and walks toward a bunch of glass bottles. SpongeBob quickly turns him into the other direction, then quickly picks up a pot that Patrick dropped, then SpongeBob walks into a room, seeing Patrick screaming something to those fish, but SpongeBob quickly silences him. He turns Patrick around and smacks his butt, and then Patrick walks out of the house, over to the Chum Bucket, while SpongeBob gets kicked out of the house, through the window.
SpongeBob goes to the Chum Bucket, where Patrick is about to eat some chum. SpongeBob stops him but ends up accidentally eating the chum himself.
He then follows Patrick over to the theater, where he sees Patrick sleep-dancing on the stage. SpongeBob gets some popcorn and watches him, getting teary at the end of the performance. Patrick then leaves the stage and SpongeBob follows him to Glove World!, where he is walking on the track of the Neck Breaker. SpongeBob then gets a cart and follows him on the track. SpongeBob grabs onto Patrick, and they fly off the track, right beside Patrick's rock, to which SpongeBob leads him.
However, Patrick steps on a rock and wakes up as he notices SpongeBob beginning to sleepwalk into traffic. Patrick (ironically) expresses little concern about this and believes that SpongeBob won't be harmed. Patrick goes back to sleep under his rock, while SpongeBob gets hit by multiple boats in traffic.
The episode name was confirmed in a tweet by Vincent Waller on October 22, 2016. The episode is confirmed to be a short.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Cream Pie - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card.]
‣ Solo Steel - Jeremy Wakefield [Opening.]
‣ Stumbling Tumbleweeds - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Inside SpongeBob's mouth.]
‣ A Fishy Conversation - Barry Anthony [SpongeBob goes to get a glass of water.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (s) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob puts the spaghetti on his stomach.]
‣ The Great White - Gregor Narholz [SpongeBob hears noises.]
‣ Tricks and Traps - James McConnel [Patrick sleepwalks downstairs.]
‣ Cartoon Sting 4 - SpongeBob trying to wake up Patrick from sleepwalking.
‣ Cartoon Sting 7 - The lights of the houses light.
‣ Dinosaurs About - John Fox, Mac Prindy [Patrick sleepwalks into SpongeBob's kitchen.]
‣ Dramatic Cue (c) - Ronald Hanmer [Patrick sleepwalks into a busy road.]
‣ Abject Terror - Paul Lewis [Patrick sleepwalks into someone's house.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (r) - Jeremy Wakefield [Fish falls back asleep.]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob gets kicked out.]
‣ Voodoo Victim - Gilbert Vinter [Patrick sleepwalks into the Chum Bucket.]
‣ From the Dead - Ronald Hanmer [Patrick sleepwalks into a dance studio.]
‣ Sylvia: Pizzicati - Leo Delibes [Patrick dancing while he's sleep.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (VI) - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick slips on a banana peel.]
‣ Welcome to Glove World - Barry Anthony [Patrick sleepwalks into Glove World.]
‣ Monster Wave - Nicolas Carr, Fabian Fernandez, James King [SpongeBob chases Patrick on the rollercoaster.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (u) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick arrive at Patrick's rock.]
‣ Tympup (b) - Sammy Burdson, John Fiddy [Patrick wakes up.]
‣ Solo Steel 4 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob starts sleepwalking.]
‣ Solo Steel - Jeremy Wakefield [Ending.]
- As of November 10, 2017, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 9.8/10 based on 123 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 0.0/10 based on 0 votes.
- Along with "Feral Friends," this episode was originally set to premiere on June 24, 2017, but it was replaced with "Spot Returns" and "The Check-Up" due to "Feral Friends" being in postproduction.
- Along with "Feral Friends," this episode aired in Israel on August 27, 2017, in Iberia on September 21, 2017, in the Netherlands on September 25, 2017, and on Nicktoons Arabia on September 28, 2017, prior to the USA premiere.
- This episode only has two actors (Tom Kenny and Bill Fagerbakke).
- This is the second episode in which that is the case, the first being "The Secret Box."
- This is the third episode in which the Chum Bucket is shown without Plankton, the first being "Slide Whistle Stooges" and the second being "No Hat for Pat."
- Although Glove World! is closed in the episode "Glove World R.I.P.," it reappears in this episode. This is probably a continuity error or this episode takes place before "Glove World R.I.P."
- SpongeBob is aware of Patrick being a heavy sleeper, meaning the episode takes place after "The Secret Box."
- This is the tenth episode in which, at no point, SpongeBob wears his normal clothes. The first is "Ripped Pants," the second is "Walking Small," the third is "The Fry Cook Games," the fourth is "SpongeGuard on Duty," the fifth is "Mermaid Man vs SpongeBob," the sixth is "The Inmates of Summer," the seventh is "Sun Bleached," the eighth is "Krusty Krushers," and the ninth in "Jailbreak!."
- This episode is five minutes shorter than the usual running time because of its sister episode being 15 minutes long.
- This is the second time an episode is six minutes long. The first episode was "Gary Takes a Bath."
- Running gag: SpongeBob getting stepped on by Patrick.
- This episode premiered in Turkey on October 17, 2017, exactly 10 days after it premiered in the United States.
- DirecTV calls this episode "Don't Wake Patrick!."
- The episode's title is a parody of the board game Don't Wake Daddy.
- The germs moving out of SpongeBob's mouth may be a reference to the movie "The Grapes of Wrath."
- Part of the Plot is silimar to the Pingu episode ''Pinga Sleepwalks''
- TV guides list this episode as "Don't Wake Patrick!" even though there is no exclamation point in the title.