"Don't Look Now" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season nine. In this episode, SpongeBob and Patrick watch a horror movie. However, they are convinced that the villain of the movie is after them.
- Billy Fishkins (purple)
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Norma Rechid
- Squidward Tentacles
- Cinema Anglerfish (debut)
- Harold "Bill" Reginald
- Nat Peterson
- Debbie Rechid
- Old Man Jenkins
- Jennifer Millie
- Dennis Rechid
- Abigail Marge
- Nathiel Waters
- Martha Smith
- Monroe Timmy
- Harv (kid)
- Paco (kid)
- Abigail Marge (kid)
- The Fisherman (silhouette only) (debut)
- Jennifer's boyfriend
- Two boys from the film
- Slasher McGee (debut)
- Gary the Snail
SpongeBob and Patrick are at the movie theater going to see the movie Fisherman 4: Attack of the Hook. They meet Squidward who laughs saying they will not have any sleep after seeing the movie. They both claim they are grown-up men, but Squidward says "Boo" in a monotone voice and scares them effortlessly.
Then, they decide that they both show Squidward that they are not afraid of Fisherman 4: Attack of the Hook. They go and see the movie, and are instantly scared. They try not to look at the movie, but it is over when they open their eyes. They stay for a second showing to try to keep their eyes open, but they fail again. When they get out, they realize that it is midnight, the time when the Fisherman strikes.
They quickly run home, and repeatedly mistake the Fisherman for shadows of harmless beings. They become so frightened that they are too scared to walk to their houses by themselves. Each of them takes turns walking the other home, but they are scared by a harmless noise in which they wake Squidward up. Squidward gets annoyed by this, so he carries them to their houses. Even after they get home, they yell back and forth between their houses, which annoys Squidward even more. Squidward then decides to disguise as the Fisherman to scare SpongeBob and Patrick. He goes on top of his house(dressed like the Fisherman) and hooks Patrick's nose up, who runs screaming into SpongeBob's house while getting his face ripped off by the hook. Patrick runs into SpongeBob's bedroom and scares him because of his ripped out face. He tells SpongeBob about the Fisherman (who is really Squidward), and they become even more scared.
They board up the door to SpongeBob's bedroom, but Squidward enters through the window anyway. SpongeBob and Patrick are scared out of their wits, and exchange each other's underwear so they do not die in their own. While SpongeBob and Patrick are screaming, Squidward's head comes out of his disguise, while laughing, which SpongeBob and Patrick mistake as the Fisherman eating Squidward. They attack Squidward, attempting to save him. They throw him out of the window and Patrick then flings heavy objects on Squidward, leaving him in a coma. An ambulance comes to get Squidward, who is badly injured while SpongeBob and Patrick are glad now that they do not have to worry about the Fisherman anymore.
Then the Fisherman costume rises up and roars, this time without Squidward. SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward become scared out of their minds and go in the ambulance with Squidward, only for the Fisherman costume to fall, revealing Gary. The episodes ends with Gary meowing in the Fisherman costume and spinning around inside it and then purring.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Straight from Hell 10 - Gregor F. Narholz [title card]
‣ Skipping to School - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [opening]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford [SpongeBob and Patrick scream, as they run off]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (e) - Jeremy Wakefield [they stop running]
‣ Cinema Screen 3 - Brian Fahey ["Ooh, the movie's starting!"]
‣ Evil Horror - Harry Lubin [movie starts]
‣ Happy Boy - Jack Shaindlin [kids playing]
‣ Creeping Up 29 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["The fisherman's hook!"]
‣ Enraptured 29 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [couple making out]
‣ Drama Link (b) - Hubert Clifford [fish hook comes down]
‣ The Creature (a) - Gregor F. Narholz ["Goodbye, Margaret!"]
‣ Drama Link (b) - Hubert Clifford ["THE FISHERMAN!!!"]
‣ House of Horror - W. Merrick Farran ["Uh, sorry, sorry, sorry!"/SpongeBob and Patrick scream]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [two hours later]
‣ Unknown Track 63 - "See if it's safe."
‣ ? [end of movie]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Hawaiian sting]
‣ ? [Okay, keep your eyes open.]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hey, my ice cream!"]
‣ Drama Link (o) - Hubert Clifford [fish cries]
‣ ? [Patrick holding SpongeBob's eyelids open]
‣ Unknown Track 63 - SpongeBob and Patrick screaming.
‣ ? - End of movie again.
‣ Death and Destruction 1 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [SpongeBob and Patrick run out of the theater]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks V - Jeremy Wakefield ["...and avoided direct eye contact."]
‣ ? [SpongeBob starts walking Patrick home]
‣ Unknown Track 63 - ominous silhouette
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (o) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, it's just Slasher McGee."]
‣ Tricks and Traps - James McConnel [Patrick starts walking SpongeBob home]
‣ Footsteps of Horror - W. Merrick Farran ["THE FISHERMAN!! AAAHH!!!"]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick run around]
‣ Cartoon Sting 5 - Squidward walks them home
‣ Tense Thoughts - Harry Lubin ["They want a fisherman, eh?"]
‣ Unknown Track 65 - Squidward looks through his closet.
‣ The Great White - Gregor F. Narholz [Squidward dressed as fisherman]
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Maybe this wasn't such a good idea."]
‣ Death of the Alien 2 [#40] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [Patrick runs up to SpongeBob's bedroom]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford ["AAAH, YOUR FACE!"]
‣ Horror Crash - Harry Lubin [SpongeBob and Patrick scream and run around]
‣ Death of the Alien 2 [#40] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Quick. Block the door."/Barricading the door]
‣ Drama Link (f) - Hubert Clifford ["Maybe if we don't look at him, he'll go away."]
‣ Dramatic Encounter - Gregor F. Narholz [Squidward appears behind SpongeBob and Patrick]
‣ Death of the Alien 2 [#40] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Well I guess this is the end, old buddy."]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["Hey, good idea!"]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (q) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick trade underwear]
‣ House of Horror - W. Merrick Farran ["He's gonna turn us into fish sticks!"]
‣ Fight! Fight! Fight! (a) - Will Schaefer ["You're going down, fisherman!"]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (j) - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward on gurney]
‣ Footsteps of Horror - W. Merrick Farran [Fisherman costume stands up]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (v) - Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- As of September 27, 2017, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 7.7/10 based on 89 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 7.6/10 based on 35 votes.
- This episode premiered in Greece on July 1, 2013. However, it premiered in the USA on October 14, 2013 as a Halloween special.
- This episode premiered eight years after "Enemy In-Law" premiered, five years after SpongeBob's WhoBob WhatPants? was released, and one year after the premiere of "Super Evil Aquatic Villain Team Up is Go!" and "Gary's New Toy."
- This episode premiered in Greece seven years after the release of SpongeBob DetectivePants: The Case of the Missing Spatula (book) and The Art Contest: No Cheating Allowed!.
- This episode premiered in Canada on Kevin Michael Richardson's 49th birthday.
- It is possible that the Fisherman in Fisherman 4: Attack of the Hook is inspired by the episode "Hooky."
- This episodes plot is slightly similar to the Disney's Goof Troop episode "Midnight Movie Madness."
- It is also possible that this episode is inspired by the 1997 slasher film "I Know What You Did Last Summer" as the costume Squidward uses bears some resemblance to the outfit the movie's main villain, Ben Willis wears.
- When Squidward is looking for a costume he finds a pink bunny outfit. This could refer to the Kuddly Krab Uniform in "Bossy Boots."
- This marks the first time within the show where Squidward is seen inside the movie theater. He has been seen close to it on the outside like in "Something Smells" and "Gone."
- This is the second time Squidward freaked SpongeBob out with a fishing rod and hook. The first time was in "Hooky" when he hooked SpongeBob's pants and underwear.
- This is the second time the title card music Straight From Hell was used. The first was in "The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom."
- This is the third time SpongeBob watches a scary movie. The first was in the episode "Krab Borg" and the second was in the episode "Planet of the Jellyfish."
- This is the third time the APM track Fight! Fight! Fight! (a) played, the first being "The Great Snail Race" and second being The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
- This is the fourth time Squidward pranks SpongeBob. The first was in "Fools in April," the second was in "Hooky," and the third was in "Funny Pants."
- This is the fourth time an anglerfish has been seen. The first was in "Rock Bottom," the second was in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, and the third was in "Trenchbillies."
- This episode was paired up with "A Pal For Gary" On the Massive Monster Mayhem Marathon.
- Rated S for Scary is a parody/reference to real life ratings, R and NC-17 (both are from the Motion Picture Association of America).
- This episode is named after the movie Don't Look Now and the 1936 Merrie Melodies Short.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick are about to sit down in their seats in the theater for the first time, there is one crowd of fish, but when they sit down and then a wide shot is shown, most of the people in the original crowd have either moved or been replaced.
- After the movie starts, in the scene where Sophie shushes SpongeBob, some of the people around her have moved.
- There were kids in the movie. The kids were too young to be in the movie. However, at the beginning of the movie, the rating says: Approved For All Audiences.
- When Squidward shoots SpongeBob back into his house, SpongeBob's outfit quickly switches from pants to underwear when he lands in the bedroom, and is wearing shoes, but for the rest of the episode he is barefoot.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick were blockading the door, the window was too close to the wall. Also, it was the wrong door, as they were blockading the one that goes to SpongeBob's library.
- SpongeBob puts Gary on the pile to shut the door. When Squidward enters through the window, Gary is gone.
- Gary also manages to get outside without explanation. The only logical explanation is that he was in one of the stuff Patrick threw down at Squidward.
- When Patrick dropped things onto Squidward (The Fisherman), he was on the first floor although they were on the second floor at first.
- When Patrick is throwing stuff down on Squidward, Squidward can be heard groaning and yelling in pain but his mouth doesn't move.
- Patrick has sharp teeth in this episode, although he has regular teeth in most episodes.