Tea at the Treedome
SpongeBob meets Sandy Cheeks, a Texas squirrel who has a love for karate. After she gets done fighting a massive clam, Sandy invites SpongeBob to her treedome for a spot of tea and cookies. After he received the invitation, SpongeBob asks Patrick for advice on how to get to know Sandy better. At the treedome, not realizing it's full of air, SpongeBob tries to get water while Sandy isn't looking. Patrick comes by and tells him that water is for quitters. Soon enough, this drives SpongeBob insane, and Patrick comes inside the treedome to help SpongeBob out. Both of them end up drying up, and Sandy brings them back to life by making water helmets for them.
Naughty Nautical Neighbors
Squidward is making a cake one day, and he breaks up SpongeBob and Patrick's friendship by saying things they wouldn't dare say to each other. Then Patrick and SpongeBob get mad at each other, and end their friendship. Afterwards, Patrick starts sucking up to Squidward to make him be his friend. This slightly angers SpongeBob, and he looks up a way to be Squidward's friend. Later, Squidward invites Patrick and SpongeBob to dinner at his house. During the dinner, SpongeBob and Patrick drink too much club soda, and become overweight from drinking all of the soda. Squidward left his house to go get some more. Inside the tiki, SpongeBob hiccups a bubble, and he and Patrick start laughing. When Squidward comes home, his house is destroyed after the bubble storm that happened inside his house. He angrily sends SpongeBob and Patrick away while he stayed behind and cleaned up, but an extra bubble comes by, and pops on the door. The door loses balance, and falls on Squidward, breaking his back.
Today is the day where Mrs. Puff issues the hat and belt to the next Hall Monitor. SpongeBob is next in line, and when he went to the front of the class, he gave a speech that lasted until the end of the school day. After the speech, SpongeBob takes his hat and belt, and goes home. Outside school, he starts abusing his power by writing a citation for Patrick after a single drop of strawberry ice cream falls on his head, breaking into a neighbor's window, misdirecting traffic, and causing destruction to the city after Patrick gave him news about the maniac. After the event, Mrs. Puff takes back the hat and belt, but she ends up in prison because she said that she was responsible for giving SpongeBob hall monitor duties.
It's Valentine's Day in Bikini Bottom, and SpongeBob has a special surprise for Patrick. He visits Sandy's house, so he and Sandy go over the plan on how to surprise Patrick. He runs to Patrick's house, and they both head off to the Valentine's Day carnival. On the way to the carnival with the balloon, Sandy is battling a flock of flying clams to ensure the balloon gets to the carnival safely. SpongeBob, worried, tries his best to stall Patrick until his balloon got there. On the Ferris wheel, SpongeBob gives him a handshake to calm him. This works for a while, but then Patrick decides to let his anger loose after 4 people come up to him thanking him for the gifts he got him. The chase ends when Patrick wrangles the passersby at the edge of the pier. Angry at the residents, Patrick was planning on hurting SpongeBob, and the passersby, but he was interrupted when Sandy comes to the carnival with the balloon in the nick of time. Patrick turns around, and he is very happy.
Sandy builds a rocket designed to go to the moon. SpongeBob decides to come and begins asking if he can go with him. Sandy hastily approves, and SpongeBob goes to sleep. But Patrick wakes him up, and they decide to go to the rocket themselves. When they reach there, they play with the buttons until one of them hits the Launch button. They are weightless and actually bypass the moon, but then gravity turns itself back on. They arrive from the rocket near Squidward's house, believing that they have reached the moon, when, in fact, they are still in their normal area. Then, they begin zapping SpongeBob's friends, calling them "aliens", and chaos ensues!
Book and Episode Differences
- In Tea at the Treedome, the scene where SpongeBob picks flowers for Sandy was edited out in the episode, but in the book, it remains the same.
- In the book version of Naughty Nautical Neighbors, SpongeBob and Patrick ate Krabby Patties before they drunk the soda pop. In the episode, they both drunk the soda instead of eating Krabby Patties. However, both of the outcomes resulted in the sponge and starfish being extremely fat.
- In Valentine's Day, which is classified as The World's Greatest Valentine, the scene where Patrick went crazy had more detail, whereas the episode counterpart featured small acts of destruction caused by Patrick.
- Near the end of Sandy's Rocket, SpongeBob was caught by Sandy after he and Patrick played around with her rocket. However, in the episode counterpart, Sandy was captured, and Patrick captured himself. The scene pertaining to the moon was not shown.
- The director's name, Barry Cuda, who appeared in SpongeBob Superstar is a pun on "Barry", a male name, and "barracuda", a type of fish.