- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Cuddle Eat Hugs (debut)
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Sandy Cheeks
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Gary the Snail
- Bikini Bottomites
- Sea urchin (mentioned)
SpongeBob and Squidward are cleaning up at the Krusty Krab. When Squidward finds an old moldy Krabby Patty on the floor and attempts to put it in the trashcan, SpongeBob stops him, telling him no Krabby Patty shall be wasted. To prove Squidward right, he takes a bite of the patty, causing him to get sick. He then runs out of the back of the restaurant. There he meets a giant hamster named Cuddle E. Hugs and the two become best friends.
That day the new friends go all over Bikini Bottom, doing several activities together, including bike riding and having a tickle fight in the park, which causes several Bikini Bottomites to look on in confusion and shock. That night Cuddles comes to SpongeBob's house for a sleepover. The next day SpongeBob awakens to find Cuddles missing and does not know what could have happened to him, but SpongeBob gets the idea that a Krabby Patty would make him feel better, so he takes another bite of the old patty, causing him once again to get sick. At that moment, Cuddles returns and the two embrace in a reunion hug.
SpongeBob then takes him to meet all of his friends, but no one can see him. When he shows him to Sandy, she just tells him it is just his imaginary friend, but Cuddles reveals that no one else can see him because no one else has eaten the old patty SpongeBob ate. He then convinces SpongeBob to get the others to eat the patty, so he goes to the Krusty Krab and cuts the patty up into pieces and gives them out to the customers, who get sick once they eat them and they are finally able to see Cuddles. They all fall for his cuteness and began to hug and cuddle him but at that moment, he begins to eat all of them one by one (in reality they are all having hallucinations caused by food poisoning from eating the old patty).
The next morning, Cuddles is gone and everyone awakens on the Krusty Krab floor. Everyone is furious about the events that took place the night before and they all leave the restaurant in anger and disgust. SpongeBob, wanting to know why Cuddles did what he did, takes another bite of the rotten patty and once again Cuddles appears, explaining the "E" in his name means "eat," therefore explaining his actions the night before. SpongeBob, thinking he is still hungry, throws a piece of the old patty in his mouth, causing him to become sick. He then hallucinates he is in presumably a child's bedroom with many SpongeBob SquarePants products in his land form. He then says, "Oh, pellets" as the episode ends.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Borborygmus - Jean-Jacques Perrey [Title card.]
‣ Sailor's Sting 9 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Opening.]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward choking on gum.]
‣ Drama Link (b) - Hubert Clifford [Squidward smells the rotten Krabby Patty.]
‣ Lonely Heart's Club (a) - Otto Sieben, David Bell [SpongeBob doesn't let Squidward throw the rotten Krabby Patty to the trash.]
‣ Borborygmus - Jean-Jacques Perrey [Cuddle E. Hugs introduces himself to SpongeBob.]
‣ Sixties Happy Times - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob and Cuddle E. Hugs having fun.]
‣ Bal Campagnard - Jean-Jacques Perrey, Harry Breuer [Cuddle E. Hugs enters SpongeBob's home, and both go to bed.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (h) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob wakes up.]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob sees that Cuddle E. Hugs is gone.]
‣ Cartoon Sting 4 - SpongeBob takes a bite of the rotten Krabby Patty.
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks - Jeremy Wakefield ["I don't feel so good."]
‣ Borborygmus - Jean-Jacques Perrey [Cuddle E. Hugs reappears.]
‣ Tentically Speaking - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob sees Squidward on the street.]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Who are you talking to?"]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (c) - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward kicks SpongeBob out of the way.]
‣ Borborygmus - Jean-Jacques Perrey ["No need to be sorry, SpongeBob."]
‣ Fooling Around - Barry Anthony [SpongeBob tells Patrick and Sandy about Cuddle E. Hugs.]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Huh?"]
‣ Fooling Around - Barry Anthony [Sandy thinks that Cuddle E. Hugs is an SpongeBob's imaginary friend.]
‣ Borborygmus - Jean-Jacques Perrey [Cuddle E. Hugs explains why no one else can see him.]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob gets an idea.]
‣ Borborygmus - Jean-Jacques Perrey [SpongeBob decides to share the rotten patty with everyone else.]
‣ Sailor's Sting 4 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob sells aged Krabby Patties at the Krusty Krab.]
‣ Dinosaurs About - John Fox, Mac Prindy [Customers eating aged patties and getting sick.]
‣ Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr [Patrick sees Cuddle E. Hugs.]
‣ Musique De L'Infini - Jean-Jacques Perrey ["Yes! Make them all see me, SpongeBob! Make them all see Cuddle E. Hugs!"]
‣ Unknown Track 57 - Krabs eats a bite of an aged patty.
‣ Unknown Track 45 - Nicolas Carr [Krabs sees Cuddle E. Hugs.]
‣ L'Horloge Hantee - Jean-Jacques Perrey, Harry Breuer [Everyone goes to Cuddle's skin.]
‣ Musique De L'Infini - Jean-Jacques Perrey [Cuddle E. Hugs starts eating everyone.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (v) - Jeremy Wakefield [Everyone is crowded the next day at the Krusty Krab.]
‣ Saltwater Works - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Everyone gets angry with SpongeBob.]
‣ Quirky Tension B - John Epping [SpongeBob eats part of the aged patty.]
‣ Borborygmus - Jean-Jacques Perrey [Cuddle E. Hugs reappears.]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob feeds Cuddle E. Hugs the last piece of the aged patty.]
‣ Borborygmus - Jean-Jacques Perrey [Cuddle E. Hugs as a real hamster.]
This section is too short. You can help the Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding it.
- As of November 20, 2017, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 0.0/10 based on 0 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a 7.8/10 based on 2 votes.
- Sandy makes an imaginary rainbow like SpongeBob does in "Idiot Box" when he says "imagination."
- The title is a pun on "cuddly hugs."
- Gary and Squidward are the only characters in this episode who do not eat the moldy Krabby Patty.
- Running gags:
- People eating the moldy Krabby Patty.
- People not realizing that Cuddle E. Hugs doesn't exist.
- Cuddle E. Hugs telling SpongeBob what his name stands for.
- Sandy telling SpongeBob that Cuddle E. Hugs is just in his imagination.
- The title is similar to "Stanley S. SquarePants," as both have a character's first and last name and their middle initial.
- This is the first episode to use the APM track Lonely Heart's Club (a) since "Married to Money."
- This could possibly take place after "Christmas Who?" since one of the possible gifts that Squidward think of when he gets a gift from SpongeBob is a moldy Krabby Patty.
- The title may be a parody of the restaurant Chuck E. Cheese's.
- Everyone eating the moldy Krabby Patty and seeing Cuddle E. Hugs could be a reference to the hallucinatory effects of drugs.
- SpongeBob being the only one who can see Cuddle E. Hugs is reminiscent of Big Bird being the only one who could see Mr. Snuffleupagus in early episodes of Sesame Street.
- When Sandy says "imagination," her eyelashes are missing.
- When Sandy leaves SpongeBob and Cuddle E. Hugs, Cuddle E. Hugs' hat is missing.