This article is in need of cleanup in order to comply with Encyclopedia SpongeBobia's Manual of Style. Please help this Wiki by making this article clean and tidy!
Coral Bits in between a drink and Krabby Patty
|Producer:||Krusty Krab, Inc.|
|First appearance:||"Clams" (mentioned)|
|List of objects|
Coral Bits are a food product that is commonly sold at the Krusty Krab. Next to the Krabby Patty, the Coral Bits are the most frequently mentioned product, and perhaps the second most popular. The dish consists of small bits of pink corals, served in a paper food tray. There is also a chili variation of the product.
In the episode "Clams," Sandals bought Coral Bits with a one-dollar bill, which was later Mr. Krabs' one millionth dollar. In "Plankton's Army," a robot bought Chili Coral Bits. In the episode "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V," Coral Bits can be bought in either small, medium, or large size.
In the episode "Le Big Switch," Dale bought two double Krabby Patties and Coral Bits and Squidward stole them from Dale. An extra 25 cents is charged for an upgraded size. The price of Coral Bits varies from episode to episode. In other episodes, Coral Bits are served in only one size. Coral Bits are packaged in a brown paper bag, as seen in the episode "Plankton's Army." They seem to be served in a yellow and red cardboard tray, and seem to resemble chicken nuggets or bits.
It was revealed in the episode "Patrick-Man!" that the recipe for coral bits is:
- 4 cups of coral
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Mix them together
The price of the Coral Bits has varied in different episodes:
- "Clams": $1.00 (mentioned)
- "Plankton's Army": $1.00 (in the lunch bag)
- "Squid's Day Off": $1.05
- "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V": $1.00 (small size), $1.25 (medium size), $1.50 (large size)
- "Pickles": $1.95
- "Krusty Krab Training Video": $1.95
- "Grandpappy the Pirate": $1.95
In some episodes, the price of Coral Bits have stayed the same.
- This is one of the few items that stays on the Galley Grub on every episode it appears.
- It is implied that Coral Bits are an underwater version of French Fries, even though Kelp Fries have taken that role in other episodes.
|Food and Drinks (V • E)|