"CopyBob DittoPants" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season nine. In this episode, Plankton clones SpongeBob to steal the secret formula, but his plans may be ruined by the original SpongeBob.
- Karen Plankton
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- 299 SpongeBob SquarePants copies (debut)
- Me Two (debut)
- Me Three (debut)
- Squidward Tentacles
- Short customer (debut)
- Kid with the fan hat (debut)
- Jellyfish (mentioned)
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Frank (red shirt)
- Fred (Blue)
- Abigail Marge
- Tina Fran
- Harold "Bill" Reginald
- Norma Rechid
- Patrick Star (cameo)
- Nine Mini Patricks (cameo)
When Plankton, Karen, and SpongeBob throw a party, SpongeBob gets tricked into putting his face on a copy machine. Plankton puts the copier on "Scan" and it scans SpongeBob. He clicks print and makes a SpongeBob clone the next day and then he colors the tie blue with a marker.
Then the next day, at the Krusty Krab, the copy walks over to the real SpongeBob and they work for Mr. Krabs. Squidward goes crazy because he thinks he's dreaming, causing him to beat up customers and Krabs.
Plankton makes 305 more clones to ask for the formula but then after they find out what the formula is twice, one of them turns into a light gray hue. SpongeBob finds out that one of his copies was made to steal the formula also. The copy then rolls up into the shape of a burrito and then vanishes in mid-air. As SpongeBob cries for his loss of his friends and Plankton asks the other copies about the formula, the other clones quickly vanish as well. Mr. Krabs comes with the paychecks for the copies, and the final clone disappears. When Plankton comes out to find another SpongeBob, he asks for the formula before he disappears, but it was the real SpongeBob. SpongeBob is still sad for the loss, but Plankton says that the citizens are better with one SpongeBob. Squidward comes back and then squishes Plankton after trying to fly and Plankton says "Right on my keys" and then the episode ends.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Traveling Along - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card]
‣ King Conga - Dennis Farnon [Party at the Chum Bucket]
‣ On the Beach - Kapono Beamer ["More fruit punch, SpongeBob?"]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (e) - Jeremy Wakefield ["How's this?"]
‣ Alien Spacecraft (a) - Gregor Narholz [Plankton presses "Scan" button]
‣ On the Beach - Kapono Beamer [Plankton tells SpongeBob to take the day off]
‣ Twilight Zone - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [Plankton prints a copy of SpongeBob]
‣ Cartoon Sting 5 - Copy goes to the Krusty Krab
‣ Alien Spacecraft (a) - Gregor Narholz [Squidward thinks he's dreaming]
‣ ? [Drink cup floats in midair]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (e) - Jeremy Wakefield [Kid with propeller hat]
‣ Sailor's Sting 7 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["What's your name, handsome stranger?"]
‣ The Fruitcake Vendor - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Plankton asks copy for the secret formula]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton bounces]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield ["You are to good to us, Mr. Krabs."]
‣ The Fruitcake Vendor - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Karen, did you know you're married to a genius?"]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["You had it tattooed on my hard drive."]
‣ Alien Spacecraft (a) - Gregor Narholz [Plankton prints another copy]
‣ The Fruitcake Vendor - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Copy puts Plankton in his mouth]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks - Jeremy Wakefield ["This is why I never had children."]
‣ Unknown Track 21 - "Yup, I'm still dreaming."
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward goes crazy]
‣ Hostile Space - Harry Lubin [Copy asks Krabs for the secret formula]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Hey look, another handsome devil!"]
‣ Creeping Up 29 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Neptune's puddle!"]
‣ Working Machines - Gerhard Trede [Army of copies]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (k) - Jeremy Wakefield [Copies exit Krabs' office.]
‣ Zelle 501 - Gerhard Trede ["They all know the formula!"]
‣ The Fruitcake Vendor - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Copy disappears]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (n) - Jeremy Wakefield ["What does that mean?"]
‣ Romantic Ending [#31] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [SpongeBob cries]
‣ Clownfish Capers - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Other copies disappear]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick rolls on the ground]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [A lawn mower chases Patrick]
‣ Tentically Speaking - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["What's the formula?"]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton leaves the Krusty Krab]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (e) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I can't believe I failed again!"]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (f) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Nice try, Plankton."]
‣ Alekoki - Kapono Beamer ["I can't believe they're all gone."]
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Ending]
- As of September 28, 2017, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 7.6/10 based on 104 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 6.4/10 based on 19 votes.
- This is the fourth episode to air for the May 2016 premiere week.
- When the episode originally aired, it was paired with "SpongeBob LongPants," which coincidentally, was also written by Kaz. The next day, it was paired with "Larry's Gym."
- This episode marks Karen's first speaking role since The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water.
- This is the first episode to have a title card with the title being repeated more than twice.
- This is the second episode where Plankton asks SpongeBob to step on him. The first is "One Coarse Meal."
- The SpongeBob copy that disappears when SpongeBob hugs him and yells "No! Don't disappear!" is most likely Me Three, as he faded after Me Two, but before all the other copies.
- This episode confirms Plankton currently has no children.
- This episode might take place after "Married to Money" because in that episode, Mr. Krabs claims he never told anyone the secret formula, and in this episode he has no problem telling the SpongeCopies the secret formula.
- This is the second time Patrick gets shredded by a lawnmower. The first time was in "Born to Be Wild."
- Karen received a redesign in this episode, with the buttons on her wheels being pale blue instead of red. This design carried over to future episodes.
- In the Polish dub, the episode's title is "KseroBob Kopioporty" (PhotocopyBob CopyPants).
- This episode premiered on John Rhys-Davies's 72nd birthday, 15 years after the premiere of "Prehibernation Week" and "Life of Crime," ten years after the premiere of "Chimps Ahoy" and "Ghost Host," and four years after Freestyle Funnies was released.
- This episode premiered in Canada eight years after the premiere of "Nature Pants," "Opposite Day," "Culture Shock," and "F.U.N." in Poland and five years after the premiere of "Frozen Face-Off."
- This is the fifth episode that is a play on SpongeBob's name in the title. The other four episodes are "MuscleBob BuffPants," "SquidBob TentaclePants," "WhoBob WhatPants," and "SpongeBob LongPants."
- Although, this is at least the fifth episode to have "Bob" and "Pants" in the title.
- This episode premiered in Poland 10 years before "That's No Lady" premiered.
- In the scene where a bunch of clones march out of the Chum Bucket to the Krusty Krab, it is a reference to The Wizard of Oz.
- Patrick's line "Life is but a walking shadow," is a reference to "Macbeth" by William Shakespeare.
- During the scene where Squidward attempts to fly, the Krusty Krab clam sign is missing.
- When SpongeBob and CopyBob first walk into the Krusty Krab, the cup behind Squidward on the boat is not there, but then appears after the fish orders.
- Also, at the same time, one of CopyBob's eyelashes has a different color, as well as part of his left eye.
- The hat rack also disappears.
- The location of Karen's wheels change throughout the episode. Occasionally they are beneath the lower platform, but sometimes they also appear outside the lower platform, like in other episodes.
- The SpongeBob copies are able to each get a Krusty Krab employee hat even though Plankton is not shown cloning the hats and Mr. Krabs is never shown giving the copies their own hats.