- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Squilliam Fancyson (as Squidward's nose)
- Mrs. Puff
- Purple Doctorfish (cameo)
- Patrick Star (mentioned)
- Unnamed purple doctor (debut)
- Unnamed green doctor (debut)
- Halbert (cameo as doctor)
- Athlete Fish (debut)
- Catfish (debut)
- Sea chicken (debut)
The episode begins with Squidward trying to decide which nose he should get because he is going to get a nose job. While caught up in himself, Squidward is interrupted by SpongeBob on his unicycle. Reluctantly, Squidward allows SpongeBob to come with him. SpongeBob lets Squidward ride with him to the hospital.
Squidward goes into his hospital room with SpongeBob closely following. SpongeBob realizes how drab the room is and brightens it up with plushes and flowers. Irritated, Squidward yells at SpongeBob and tells him to go volunteer to be a candy striper. SpongeBob grabs his uniform and eats the literal candy strings on it. A couple of doctors passing by see SpongeBob in his stripeless white shirt and mistake him for a doctor and tell him to come along and help them. They bring SpongeBob into a room with a catfish. The catfish tells them in a gravelly voice that his throat hurts. SpongeBob reaches into the fish's neckfold and finds a clump of dirt. He then reaches into the catfish's mouth and pulls out some car keys. SpongeBob then explains how the fish is a bottom feeder and how they probably ate the keys in a search for food, stating that this also happens to his best friend, Patrick, all the time.
SpongeBob is then moved into another room with an athlete with broken legs. The athelete asks if he will be able to run in an upcoming marathon. One doctor begins to say "no," but SpongeBob insists he can fix it. He grabs a nearby skeleton model and shoves it inside of the patient. The patient's legs are healed and he runs out of his room. The two doctors are amazed! As a result they bring SpongeBob into the final room.
The room contains deflated Mrs. Puff inside of an Iron Lung. SpongeBob mistakes the Lung for a submarine and hops on top of it. He starts pushing and pressing levers and buttons and the Lung streaks down the hallway. It crashes into the end and shoots out a puffed up Puff. She thanks him for helping her recover, but says he still won't get a drivers license.
The doctors are befuddled and allow SpongeBob to perform a surgery. The surgery patient ends up being Squidward. SpongeBob tries several differnet noses but Squidward doesn't like any of them. SpongeBob then reverts his nose back to normal, but says he needed the rest of his body to make it, much to Squidward's horror. SpongeBob now has to leave for work, but the doctors tell him that he already is. However, SpongeBob tells them that his actual job is a fry cook and then proceeds to leave and walk to the Krusty Krab. Squidward then says to the female nurses that he's on the market and single, much to their disgust and shock.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Hawaiian Adventures SpongeBob Theme - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card.]
‣ Tentically Speaking - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Opening.]
‣ House of Horror - William Farran [Closeup of Squidward's nose.]
‣ Earl's Revenge - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob takes Squidward to the hospital.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (h) - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward's nose covered with garbage.]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Transition to next scene.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (k) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Never fear, Squidward."]
‣ Seaweed - Steve Belfer [Squidward's bedroom full of things.]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["That's a great idea!"]
‣ Big Ed's March - Sam Spence ["I was born to serve."]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks V - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward's bed folds up.]
‣ Steel Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob in uniform.]
‣ Hide and Seek - Arthur Wilkinson [SpongeBob gets mistaken for a doctor.]
‣ Paper Boy - Harry Lubin ["Catfish are bottom feeders."]
‣ Unknown Track 19 - "What treatment might you prescribe for this next patient, doctor?"
‣ Hall of Fame [#1] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [SpongeBob replaces the fish's skeleton.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (t) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Sometimes, I just don't have it in me to puff up under my own power."]
‣ Befuddled Gent - Phil Green ["I'm a doctor today."]
‣ Adventure Fanfare 1 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Dive! Up periscope! Load the torpedoes!"]
‣ Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Iron lung moves forward.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (f) - Jeremy Wakefield ["But you still don't get a driver's license!"]
‣ Proud to be a Fish - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Wow, I've never seen anyone work an iron lung like that."]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks X - Jeremy Wakefield ["Me? Perform a surgery?"]
‣ Tipsy Turvy - Phil Green ["Oh boy, surgery!"]
‣ Solo Steel 4 - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward's anesthetic is administered.]
‣ Tipsy Turvy - Phil Green ["Oh, hi everybody!"]
‣ Charivari Clowns (a) - Daniel Jean Jeannin [SpongeBob picks up a spatula.]
‣ Circus Parade (b) - Dick Walter [Doctors cheer.]
‣ Unknown Hawaiian Sting (n) - Transition to next scene.
‣ Mutations (c) [#55] - Trevor Duncan ["Okay, SpongeBob, this can't be too hard."]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["Aha!"]
‣ Unknown Track 46 - Nicolas Carr ["Mmm, sushi."]
‣ Mutations (a) [#53] - Trevor Duncan [SpongeBob pulls out a saw.]
‣ ? [Rimshot.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (e) - Jeremy Wakefield [Everyone laughs.]
‣ Ta-Ra (c) - Sammy Burdson, John Fiddy [SpongeBob makes a sandwich.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [Everyone laughs again.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [Transition to next scene.]
‣ ? [SpongeBob pulls handkerchiefs out of Squidward's nose.]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["What?"]
‣ Variety Link (d) - Dick Walter ["Ta-da!"]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Everyone cheers.]
‣ Desolate Lands - Harry Lubin [SpongeBob sweating.]
‣ Tipsy Turvy - Phil Green [Part of SpongeBob goes back to him.]
‣ Unknown Track 36 - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Short doctor gets stuck in Squidward's nose.]
‣ Charge - Nicolas Carr [Another doctor catch the short doctor.]
‣ Cartoon Sting 5 - SpongeBob finishes operating.
‣ Tympup (b) - Sammy Burdson, John Fiddy ["This isn't even close to what I wanted!"]
‣ Cartoon Sting 5 - "Well, why didn't you say so?"
‣ Gator - Steve Belfer [Montage of Squidward's different noses.]
‣ Shock Happening 1 - Harry Lubin ["Stop!"]
‣ Steel Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I don't want to change my nose anymore!"]
‣ Hawaiian Adventures SpongeBob Theme - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Ending.]
In the rough storyboard version, when Squidward and SpongeBob were talking about noses, SpongeBob daydreamed that his nose was getting a job when Squidward said "nose job." This never made it into the final episode because of sexual references or that it was time consuming.
This section is too short. You can help the Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding it.
- As of September 29, 2017, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 8.9/10 based on 69 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 8.5/10 based on 2 votes.
- This episode premiered in a few countries before it aired in the USA.
- Along with "Unreal Estate," this episode was originally set to premiere on May 20, 2017 in the USA, but it was delayed to June 3, 2017 instead.
- This episode may take place after "Demolition Doofus" because Mrs. Puff is in the hospital being treated from having puffing problems.
- This episode may also take place after "Mrs. Puff, You're Fired" because SpongeBob cannot drive the puffing machine well with his eyes open but can drive well when wearing safety goggles.
- When SpongeBob comments "Mmm, strawberry!" after eating the candy stripes on his doctor uniform, this is a reference to when he makes the same comment after eating the red lines Squidward draws on the screen in "Lost in Bikini Bottom."
- This is the second episode in which the lung machine is shown. The first is "Funny Pants."
- This is the first appearance of Squilliam Fancyson since "Back to the Past," though only his face briefly appears as part of one of Squidward's noses during the nose job montage.
- The "My leg!" gag is referenced in this episode when the Iron Lung crashes into an Athlete Fish and he screams "My legs!"
- Squidward has previously gotten surgery in "The Two Faces of Squidward."
- This episode possibly takes place after "Love That Squid" because at the end Squidward is seen flirting with other women.
- This is the third episode to show blood. The first was "Dying for Pie" and "House Fancy."
- This episode premiered nine years after "Giant Squidward" premiered, eight years after "Single Cell Anniversary" premiered, and the premiere of "Restraining SpongeBob" and "Fiasco!" in Greece.
- This episode is the first appearance of Big Ed's March since "Best Day Ever."
- When SpongeBob has to leave the hospital for work, he says "D'oh" at first. This may be a reference to Homer Simpson's catchphrase from The Simpsons.
- When the Athlete Fish runs with his legs backwards, it's a reference to Mr. Muddle from Mr. Men and Little Miss when he manages to have his legs walk one way and him going another way.
- The way Squidward is wrapped up after surgery at the end is a reference to the 1977 movie Eraserhead.
- When SpongeBob is saying he used Squidward's limbs to sculpt his new nose, the outline of Squidward's feet are still under the covers, which contradicts what SpongeBob is saying about the limbs, as Squidward still has his feet in the shot.
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/794398866594414592
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/831564172420714497
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/761275654503473152
- ^ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6382746/?ref_=tt_ep_pr
- ^ http://www.tv.com/shows/spongebob-squarepants/code-yellow-3460354/