Clarinet (aka Clarry) is an instrument used by Squidward Tentacles at various times. It has also been used by SpongeBob and Patrick almost uses it too. He calls it Clarry and treats the object as if it were alive. Many Bikini Bottomites are annoyed by the sound because of Squidward's lack of good musical talent. His reed breaks on two occasions. In Christmas Who?, SpongeBob made him a customized Wooden Clarinet.
- Naughty Nautical Neighbors - SpongeBob and Patrick destroy his house. In the remainder of the episode, the clarinet is nowhere to be seen, signifying its destruction.
- Jellyfish Jam - The Jellyfish break it and catches it on fire; however, it is still shown in later episodes.
- Sandy's Rocket - SpongeBob and Patrick shake his house, destroying all of his belongings, likely including his clarinet.
- I Was a Teenage Gary - SpongeBob scares Squidward, causing him to break his belongings, resulting in the clarinet getting stuck into a self-portrait of Squidward.
- Squidtastic Voyage - Squidward swallows his reed.
- The Best Day Ever - Squidward's reed breaks for an unknown reason.
- The Two Faces of Squidward - A fan steals Squidward's clarinet and the other fans destroy it.
- Sweet and Sour Squid - A Policeman ran it over after arresting Plankton.
- Squidward's clarinet is extremely less detailed than a clarinet in real life.
- No Hat for Pat - The customers ran out of the Krusty Krab because of the clarinet tune.
- Sweet and Sour Squid - Squidward plays his clarinet throughout the streets only for food to be thrown at him.
- Dunces and Dragons - Squidward plays at the parade toward the end of the episode only for a rock to be thrown into his throat.
- SquidBob TentaclePants - Squidward plays his clarinet when the cloak disguising his and SpongeBob's body, which is conjoined, is pulled off by a nail and he begins to "serenade" the audience.