- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Cephalopod Lodge members (debut)
- Patrick Star
- Moray Eel (debut)
- Dog (mentioned)
- Feather Buddies (mentioned)
- Giant Albino Eel (mentioned)
SynopsisSpongeBob sees that Squidward is actually smiling one day at the Krusty Krab, so he and Patrick decide to spy on him and see why he is so happy. That night, SpongeBob and Patrick follow Squidward to a strange lodge, in which SpongeBob and Patrick intrude into. Squidward puts on robes and performs handshakes with the other members of Cephalopod Lodge, all of whom are cephalopods.
When SpongeBob and Patrick decide to join in the festivities, The lodge members hold Squidward accountable for allowing two non-cephalopods into the lodge. They then choose to ban Squidward for life. SpongeBob and Patrick attempt to apologize to the lodge entrance gaurd, but this fails when Patrick says it is the gaurds fault for allowing them to enter in. The two then decide to start their own lodge and involve Squidward. SpongeBob and Patrick proceed to capture Squidward and force him to have their lodge "initiation", where a jellyfish is put on your tongue and proceeds to sting your tounge.Returning to Squidward's house, SpongeBob and Patrick then start their own club and they call it "The Feather Friends," much to the annoyance of Squidward, who begs that he wants to be allowed back into Cephalopod Lodge. SpongeBob and Patrick decide they want to help Squidward. They come up with a plan to dress up in a giant sock in an effort to resemble a Morray Eel, the arch-nemesis of the lodge members, so that they can scare the lodge members while Squidward "saves" them.
Their plan works, and Squidward is allowed back in. However, when SpongeBob and Patrick take off the sock and reveal themselves to give congratulations, Squidward is once again kicked out of the lodge. SpongeBob and Patrick decide to go back to the "their lodge" idea, but first, they need to redo the "initiation" on Squidward.
This section is too short. You can help the Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding it.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Hawaiian Adventures SpongeBob Theme - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [Squidward smiling]
‣ Drama Link (c) - Hubert Clifford ["Squidward, are you okay?"]
‣ From the Dead - Ronald Hanmer ["MR. KRABS!"]
‣ Mission Improbable - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob wonders why Squidward's happy]
‣ Slinky Panther Pants - Nicolas Carr [camouflage outfits]
‣ Visiting Royalty - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [Squidward at the lodge]
‣ Pyramids of Egypt - Gregor F. Narholz ["For centuries, cephalopods have had but one nemesis."]
‣ Entry of the Heroes (d) - Gregor F. Narholz [eel in cage]
‣ March to Battle - Laurie Johnson [initiation]
‣ Roman Legion - David Farnon [everyone cheers]
‣ Dramatic Impact 3 - Ivor Slaney [everyone gasps]
‣ Cellar Search - Philippe Pares [everyone's angry at Squidward]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Squidward and SpongeBob kicked out]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill ["I can't believe it."]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield ["Do we get to join the lodge?"]
‣ Skipping to School - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick kicked out]
‣ Steel Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward's robes removed]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Squidward's underwear removed]
‣ Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Don't you worry, Squidward."]
‣ Visiting Royalty - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["What is it?"]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch [SpongeBob explains]
‣ Unknown Track 30 - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward's sad]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["That's it!"]
‣ Gala Premiere - Laurie Johnson ["We'll make our own club!"]
‣ Hawaiian Happiness - Jon Jelmer [Squidward goes home]
‣ Unknown Track 51 - Nicolas Carr [secret handshake]
‣ Toy Piano - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Patty cake, patty cake, sailor man..."]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr ["OUT!"]
‣ Goofy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward reading]
‣ Mission Improbable - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob kidnaps Squidward]
‣ Cartoon Sting 6 - initiation
‣ Unknown Hawaiian Sting (l) - Squidward's swollen tongue
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["What's this?"]
‣ Visiting Royalty - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["My lodge robes!"]
‣ Turkey in the Straw 3 - Saul Broudy, Stephen Wade, Samuel John Morgan, Zan S. Mc Leod [chicken outfits]
‣ Civil War March - Larry Hochman [first meeting of The Feather Friends]
‣ Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield ["Somebody already had Feather Buddies."]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward's angry]
‣ Whisper from the Past [#64.02] - Gregor F. Narholz [SpongeBob promises to get Squidward back into the lodge]
‣ Steel Sting (b) - Jeremy Wakefield ["A sock?"]
‣ Bubble Poppin' Boys - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob explains his plan]
‣ Unknown Track 49 - "Time to break out the heavy artillery."
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [giant sock]
‣ Mission Improbable - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [at the lodge]
‣ Death and Destruction 1 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [SpongeBob and Patrick scaring everyone]
‣ Nato Meeting - Gerhard Trede [Squidward's let back into the lodge]
‣ Twelfth Street Rag - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- The episode is available on the Viking-Sized Adventures, Season 6 Volume 2, and Complete Sixth Season DVDs.
This section is too short. You can help the Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding it.
- It is mentioned that Squidward is in this mood only on the third Wednesday of each month. He is never shown to be that happy on most episodes before, telling that almost none of the previous episodes fall on the third Wednesday of any month.
- If this episode premiered a day later, the airdate would have been the third Wednesday of February 2009.
- Since "cephalopods" are species of squid and octopus, it is unknown if all the people in the Cephalopod Lodge are all squid, all octopus, or are both.
- The initiation into the lodge involves being electrocuted by a moray eel, when, in reality, moray eels do not generate electricity.
- When Squidward yells at SpongeBob, SpongeBob's nose looks similar to Squidward's nose.
- It is revealed that SpongeBob was dropped on his head as a baby.
- It is mentioned that according to the lodge leader, the enemies of cephalopods are sponges and starfish, which is why Squidward gets mad every time SpongeBob and Patrick show up, especially at the lodge.
- It appears that Patrick would have been able to join, but he did not want to because it had nothing to offer him.
- Patrick was right that it was Roger's fault because he was not watching for intruders.
- Technically, it was SpongeBob and Patrick's fault, as they followed Squidward to the lodge, kicking him out.
- SpongeBob's stupidity is shown again when Patrick points out the obvious and SpongeBob denies it. He also breaks in to Squidward's house even though he kicked them out and forces Squidward to join their group by kidnapping him.
- In this episode, Patrick was smart about the sock that SpongeBob talked about.
- Actually, if Squidward hadn't talked to SpongeBob and Patrick, he would have still been in the club.
- No female cephalopods appear in this episode.
- Running Gag: Squidward getting kicked out of the lodge, Patrick forcing Squidward to join their lodge.
- This is the third time more than one of Squidward's kind is shown, the first is in "Squidville," the second is in "Ditchin'," and the fourth is in "Sharks vs. Pods."
- In "Squidville," all the Cephalopods look like Squidward. However in this episode, there were different types. There may be different breeds or even species.
- This episode premiered eight years after the premiere of "Wormy" and "Patty Hype."
- Brother Roger's name may be a reference to Squidward's voice actor, Rodger Bumpass.
- The initiation ritual and secret nature of the Cephalopod Lodge is similar to that of the Masons. The Lodge's appearance (a pyramid with an eye, which also appears on the robes) is very similar to the All-Seeing Eye, which is often mistakenly considered an Illuminati symbol. This is also the only episode where a parody of freemasonry is showed.
- The music that plays when SpongeBob puts on his flower camouflage suit is very similar to the song "Wasting My Hate" by Metallica, off their 1996 album Load.
- This episode has similarities with The Simpsons episode,"Homer the Great,"in which Homer joins a group called the Stonecutters, which also parodied the Freemasons and the common perception of the Illuminati.
- When Roger was talking to Squidward in the Krusty Krab, he is green. However, when he is at the Cephalopod Lodge, he is blue.
- This might be explained by the fact that it was night instead of day in the later scene.
- When Squidward sneaks out of his house, Patrick's House disappears.
- When Squidward is putting back on his shirt, his underwear is still on. However, this was right after Roger ripped off his underwear. It disappears when Squidward is wearing his shirt.
- When Squidward is in his house the next morning (after his tongue got shocked by the jellyfish), his tongue sticks out on the left side and it's covered in three jellyfish stings but when he opens his door, his tongue is normal for the rest of the scene.
- When Squidward rips off the feather friends’ suit, the feet are still on, but when they zoom in and then out again, the feet are gone.
- After SpongeBob and Patrick, inside the giant tube sock, tell Squidward "Just give us 5 minutes and then do your stuff," when they exit the scene, SpongeBob's footsteps can be heard, although, Patrick was the one walking and SpongeBob was on top of inside the sock.
- When Squidward first enters the lodge, he enters a large room, but when he saves them from the "eel," it is some kind of corridor.