"Cave Dwelling Sponge" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season eleven. In this episode, when a prehistoric Sponge is unfrozen, he causes chaos all over town – and only SpongeBob can communicate with him.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Gary the Snail
- Spongy Spongy (debut)
- Perch Perkins
- Officer Nancy O'Malley
- Officer John
- Officer Rob Johnson
- Bikini Bottom Sanitation Police Sergeant
- Abigail Marge
- Norma Rechid
- Susie Rechid
- Debbie Rechid
- Nat Peterson
- Monroe Timmy
- Frankie Billy
- Ivy (gray)
- Mable Monica
- Martha Smith
- Tina Fran
- Frank (lifeguard)
- Mable (gray)
The episode begins with SpongeBob walking barefoot with Patrick, out on a nature walk into the forest. SpongeBob then decides to go explore a nearby ice cave. Inside the cave, Patrick gets his tongue stuck on the ice. SpongeBob uses hot chocolate to melt the ice, and Patrick’s tongue is burnt and freed. Patrick passes out and the hot chocolate melts all the ice and Spongy Spongy emerges out of it. He then follows SpongeBob, fascinated by the squeak of his shoes. He then hides in SpongeBob's bag for the rest of his trip.
SpongeBob then arrives back home and leaves Patrick next to his rock with his tongue tied on a rack. SpongeBob then goes home to find Gary waiting for him. He leaves the heavy bag on a peg and Spongy Spongy jumps out. He is curious about Gary and then follows SpongeBob around his house and into the bathroom in which he jumps into the sink. SpongeBob mistakes the Cave Sponge for a mirror of himself. SpongeBob goes to a special room in which he gets dressed and Spongy follows. Spongy also gets dressed like SpongeBob by the machine and the shoes don't seem to fit him, which makes him sad. He follows SpongeBob out of his house and into the streets of Bikini Bottom.
Spongy continues to follow SpongeBob, and attempts to mimic SpongeBob's movements, but causes destruction instead. He then follows SpongeBob into The Krusty Krab kitchen, then freaks out over the sound of the blender and gets on the hanger with the pots and pans. Mr. Krabs then calls SpongeBob to go out of the kitchen and into the dining room. Multiple people accuse SpongeBob of breaking their stuff (even though Spongy Spongy did it) and SpongeBob gets arrested. SpongeBob tries to explain that he was framed, but the police don't listen. He then gets taken away to jail. Mr. Krabs says that he is going to visit SpongeBob in jail and leaves Squidward in charge of the cooking.
Squidward’s mad about Mr. Krabs putting him in charge of the grill. Squidward’s flipping a Krabby Patty. Spongy Spongy eats it and falls along with the hanger and the pots and pans. Squidward thinks it’s SpongeBob already let out of jail. Squidward says that he looks terrible. Squidward puts Spongy Spongy in charge of the grill. Spongy Spongy breaks the ketchup bottle and makes a hand mark with it on his left eye. Spongy Spongy goes to the back of The Krusty Krab and hides behind two trashcans. Frankie Billy drives to the back of The Krusty Krab. Spongy Spongy attacks his boat and takes his engine out of his boat. Spongy Spongy makes Krabby Patties with the engine. Squidward gives them to the customers. They don’t like it and get mad at Squidward.
The customers push Squidward into the kitchen. Spongy Spongy gets mad at him and attacks him and the customers. They all run out out of The Krusty Krab to get away from Spongy Spongy. Perch Perkins reports on the news that SpongeBob’s gotten crazy. Spongy Spongy hits him and hurts him. Perch Perkins screams because his head really hurts from the hit. The police officer takes SpongeBob to Mr. Krabs. SpongeBob is tapping his shoe. Spongy Spongy hears it and breaks the fence then wall because he likes it. Spongy Spongy breaks the glass in the room and it lands on Mr. Krabs. Perch Perkins reports that the frycook is actually Spongy Spongy. Spongy Spongy beats up, Officer Rob Johnson then licks his head. SpongeBob realizes that he’s just lost and scared and he just needs another sponge to talk to. Perch Perkins reports that Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob go to city hall.
Spongy Spongy is on the roof stomping his feet and refuses to get down. Spongy Spongy breaks a piece of the roof and throws it. SpongeBob gets up to the roof to comfort Spongy Spongy. They smell each other then they say their names. SpongeBob tells him to report himself to the police. Spongy Spongy was about to do it but he gets mad. SpongeBob respects him not turning himself in and leaves him alone. He walks away and Spongy Spongy likes the squeaky sound from his shoes. Spongy Spongy follows him. SpongeBob figures out that Spongy Spongy likes the squeaky sound from his shoes. They start dancing so a police officer gives them top hats and canes. They keep dancing and the police are dancing as well. After they stop dancing, Spongy Spongy takes SpongeBob’s shoes. Spongy Spongy puts them on his feet but they don’t fit so he gets mad and starts stomping real hard that city hall was breaking. SpongeBob tells him to stop and calm down but it was to late. SpongeBob begs the police to not arrest him but since he saved the town millions by destroying it. It was going to destroyed it in a week. SpongeBob’s happy because Spongy Spongy isn’t going to be arrested. Perch Perkins reports that Spongy Spongy has calmed down and life in Bikini Bottom returns to normal; if only for this episode. Spongy Spongy hits him again and he passes out. Spongy Spongy then smells the camera and hits it. The cameraman drops then Spongy Spongy looks at the camera and blinks.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ SpongeBob History Song - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card.]
‣ Ballet Elegante - Albert Ketelbey [Opening.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (r) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick run into a cave.]
‣ This Space for Hire - Sam Fonteyn ["Wow! Cool ice cave!"]
‣ Dramatic Cue (c) - Ronald Hanmer [Patrick panics with his tongue stuck to ice.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (r) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I panicked, SpongeBob."]
‣ Prologue of a Drama #9 - Hans Conzelmann, Delle Haensch ["Hot chocolate solves everything."]
‣ The Jitters - Raymond Jones [SpongeBob pours hot chocolate over Patrick's tongue.]
‣ Planet Surface - Gregor Narholz [Ice melts, revealing the cave sponge.]
‣ Stumbling Tumbleweeds - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob tie Patrick's tongue on a pole.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Boy, this backpack got heavy!"]
‣ Planet Surface - Gregor Narholz [Cave sponge emerges from SpongeBob's backpack.]
‣ Furtive Footsteps - Paddy Kingsland [Cave sponge follows SpongeBob around the house.]
‣ Picnic in the Park - John Rhodes [SpongeBob and the cave sponge get dressed.]
‣ Skipping to School - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Cave sponge follows SpongeBob to work.]
‣ Norman Buchan's Harp - Gordon McCulloch [SpongeBob enters the Krusty Krab with the cave sponge following him.]
‣ Cool Reception - Jack Beaver [SpongeBob gets arrested.]
‣ Sailor's Sting 24 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs tells Squidward to cover for SpongeBob.]
‣ Planet Surface - Gregor Narholz [Cave sponge sees Squidward making Krabby Patties.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (f) - Jeremy Wakefield ["They let you out already?"]
‣ Planet Surface - Gregor Narholz ["You look terrible, SpongeBob!"]
‣ Primitive Force - Raymond Jones [Cave sponge ties spatula to a mop.]
‣ Horror-Scope - Ronald Hanmer [Cave sponge puts ketchup on his face as war paint.]
‣ Misty Menace - Max Saunders [Cave sponge lurking behind trash cans.]
‣ Unpreventable - Gregor Narholz [Cave sponge attacks Fred's car.]
‣ Hiding Place - Marc Dall'Anese [Cave sponge makes a Krabby Patty made of car parts.]
‣ Horror-Scope - Ronald Hanmer [Customers complaining about the food.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks VIII - Jeremy Wakefield ["SpongeBob, what did you do?"]
‣ They're Coming! - Trevor Duncan [Cave sponge gets crazy and makes everyone run out of the Krusty Krab.]
‣ Bikini Bottom News Theme - Nicolas Carr [News report.]
‣ Treachery - Wilfred Burns [At the Bikini Bottom Jail.]
‣ Crime and Danger Sign #5 - Hans Conzelmann, Delle Haensch [Krabs talking to SpongeBob.]
‣ Crime and Danger Sign #2 - Hans Conzelmann, Delle Haensch [Cave sponge breaks down prison wall and enters.]
‣ Bikini Bottom News Theme - Nicolas Carr [Perch Perkins reappears.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (h) - Jeremy Wakefield [Cave sponge sniffs the police and licks him.]
‣ Bikini Bottom News Theme - Nicolas Carr ["Shortly thereafter, Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob went to city hall to confront the wild beast."]
‣ Horror-Scope - Ronald Hanmer [Cave sponge at city hall.]
‣ Unknown Track 1 - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob communicates with the cave sponge.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (r) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I respect that. I'll leave you alone."]
‣ Sculpture - Georges Behar [Cave sponge mesmerized by SpongeBob's squeaky shoes.]
‣ Stage Struck - Jack Parnell [SpongeBob and cave sponge dancing.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [Cave sponge takes off SpongeBob's shoes.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [Cave sponge tries to put on SpongeBob's shoes.]
‣ Eight Dramatic Bridges - Ronald Hanmer [Cave sponge starts stomping/City hall gets destroyed.]
‣ Pua Nani O Hawaii - Michael Scott, Leimamo Fish [Police says that Spongy Spongy won't go to jail.]
‣ Bikini Bottom News Theme - Nicolas Carr [Perch Perkins concludes.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [Ending.]
- This episode was first released on September 23, 2017 in the United States.
- This episode was released on September 25, 2017 in Turkey and Iberia.
This section is too short. You can help the Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding it.
- As of January 2, 2018, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 9.6/10 based on 140 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 5.2/10 based on 3 votes.
- The cave in the title card looks very similar to the caves in "Nature Pants," "SpongeHenge," and "Mimic Madness."
- Despite it being said that Primitive Sponge was returning, a new cave sponge appeared instead.
- This episode premiered in Turkey and Iberia on September 25, 2017 along with "The Clam Whisperer," which is only two days after the US airdate.
- The fourth wall is broken twice in this episode. The first was at the end when Spongy Spongy hits the screen with his club, causing it to crack. The second was when Perch Perkins says "The life in Bikini Bottom returns to normal, if only for this episode."[debatable]
- If one listens very closely, they can hear ambient sounds in the title card.
- This is the fourth time SpongeBob goes to jail. The first was in "Life of Crime," the second was in "Party Pooper Pants," and the third was in "Driven to Tears."
- This episode could possibly take place before "Stanley S. SquarePants," as Mr. Krabs states that nobody else looks like SpongeBob, even though in that episode he meets his identical cousin.
- This episode marks the first usage of the APM track Unpreventable since "Pet or Pests."
This article is in need of expansion, but it is not a stub. You can help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by adding more information. Please remove this template when done.