- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Mrs. Puff
- Larry the Lobster
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Pearl Krabs (mentioned)
- Patrick Star
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Gary the Snail
- Abigail Marge
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- Tina Fran
- Susie Rechid
- Norma Rechid
- Debbie Rechid
- Nat Peterson
- Fire Fish
- Old Man Jenkins
- Harold "Bill" Reginald
The episode starts with SpongeBob recklessly driving. He suddenly thinks of blowing bubbles to relax himself after getting stressed. It soon backfires when the distraction of said bubbles causes his boat to eventually crash. Mrs. Puff tells him that he is hopeless at getting a driver's license and SpongeBob walks off sad. He then sees Larry, Mr. Krabs, and Patrick have their own boats. He only gets sadder each time he sees his friends with a boat.
He sits behind his house blowing bubbles. He wishes that he'd be as good as driving boats as he would for blowing bubbles. Suddenly, he has the idea of blowing a bubble boat to drive in. Everyone is pleased with the new boat type. A policeman notices and says that every vehicle requires a license, but SpongeBob replies that no license is required for driving a bubble. The policeman then agrees. SpongeBob gets home to tell Gary all the good news on his new bubble boat experience, though Gary just ignores him.
Soon, everyone is desperately wanting bubble boats, so SpongeBob gets a giant container of bubble mix into a tub. Afterwards, SpongeBob makes a bubble boat for everyone.
Meanwhile, Mrs. Puff notices everyone has a bubble boat. She is trying to drive home with her normal boat, but this angers many of the bubble boat drivers, as well as the police towing away her normal boat. Puff then has to go to Bubble Boating School, a temporary boating school run by SpongeBob.
At Bubble Boating School, SpongeBob teaches Mrs. Puff about how to drive a bubble boat. She eventually understands how to ride a bubble boat, after going through mastering multiple dangerous obstacle courses. She then does her final test, the final test being on the real road.
During her final bubble-boating test, she is happily talking to SpongeBob about the bubble boats but soon gets distracted and goes to the highway instead of continuing on the small roads. She ends up crashing, leading her to involuntarily expand, which makes her cause further mayhem to the bubble boaters. SpongeBob ends up saving all of them just in time.
Soon the police come to tell everyone, including SpongeBob, that bubble boats are now illegalized and normal boats have been re-legalized. SpongeBob then tells Mrs. Puff that he will see her again at boating school the next day. At the end of the episode, Mrs. Puff expands and sighs.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Horlepiep - Jan Rap [Title card.]
‣ Unknown Track 3 - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Opening/Drivers crash into SpongeBob and Mrs. Puff's boat.]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [SpongeBob gets sad.]
‣ Surfing Sponge - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Larry showing off his boat.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (p) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob walks sad.]
‣ ? - Steve Belfer [Krabs washing his boat.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks II - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob cries and runs off.]
‣ On the Beach - Kapono Beamer [SpongeBob sees Patrick with a boat.]
‣ Saltwater Works - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob blowing bubbles behind his house.]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob gets an idea.]
‣ Fun Ahead - Eric Swan [SpongeBob driving a bubble boat.]
‣ A Christmas Suite - Richard Harvey [SpongeBob telling Gary about his day.]
‣ Twelfth Street Rag - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [People asking SpongeBob for bubble boats.]
‣ Drama Link (g) - Hubert Clifford ["I want to strike fear into the hearts of other drivers!"]
‣ Primitive Force - Raymond Jones [Terrifying bubble boat.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (e) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob shrinks the bubble boat.]
‣ Primitive Force - Raymond Jones [Plankton gets into the bubble boat.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (h) - Jeremy Wakefield [Larry steps on Plankton.]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hmm..."]
‣ Surf Happy Fun (Underscore) - Billy Lincoln [SpongeBob blows a giant bubble boat for Larry.]
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob blows multiple bubble boats.]
‣ Blue Tide - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Now that everyone's driving bubbles, they don't need licenses."]
‣ Town and Around - Richard Telford [Mrs. Puff driving.]
‣ Bikini Bottom Police - Nicolas Carr [Cop pulls Mrs. Puff over.]
‣ Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney ["Bubble boating school?"]
‣ Gator - Steve Belfer [SpongeBob is the teacher of the bubble boating school.]
‣ Horlepiep - Jan Rap [SpongeBob giving Mrs. Puff bubble boating lessons through the obstacle course.]
‣ Bloodbath - Harry Lubin [Bubble boat crashes against flaming cacti.]
‣ Bold as Brass 29 - Mel Dean [Mrs. Puff drives the bubble boat throught the obstacle course again.]
‣ Grand Spectacular (c) - Ron Goodwin ["I did it!"]
‣ Dramatic Encounter - Gregor F. Narholz [Mrs. Puff groans.]
‣ Fun Ahead - Eric Swan [Mrs. Puff drives the bubble boat onto the road.]
‣ Dramatic Impact 5 - Ivor Slaney ["Oh no, Mrs. Puff!"]
‣ Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Mrs. Puff accidentally drives onto the freeway.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (f) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Wash? Soap? Bubbles?"]
‣ Bikini Bottom Police - Nicolas Carr [Bubble boats are outlawed.]
‣ Bikini Bottom Bound - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Ending.]
This section is too short. You can help the Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding it.
- As of April 29, 2017, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 9.4/10 based on 23 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a 9.5/10 based on 1 votes.
- When SpongeBob and Mrs. Puff enter the highway, the billboard advertising Barnacle Chips from "Chocolate with Nuts" can be seen.
- Mrs. Puff inflates a total of 5 times, more than any other episode so far.
- The firetruck resembles an actual fire truck rather than a boat as it does in other episodes (such as "Snail Mail").
- On the official SpongeBob Facebook page, there would be a 1-hour countdown before the premiere of this episode and "Life Insurance."
- The songs heard during the countdown were "Sky Drive," "Bonus Point," "Street Cop" and "Electronic Sheep" by Charles Hedger, and "Keep This Going" by Jon Murrill, Lee Richardson, Tom Ford, James Carlo Giorgi Cocozza and Sarah Jane Norman.
- SpongeBob says "You don't need a license to drive a bubble" when he gets pulled over, which is a reference to his line "You don't need a license to drive a sandwich" from The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
- This episode takes place in November 2013 because a driver's license expires every 4 years and on the bubble license, it expired on December 1, 2017.
- This episode takes place after "Driven to Tears" because Patrick is playing with his boat.
- This episode premiered eight years after "Pet or Pests" premiered, the premiere of "License to Milkshake," "Squid Baby," "Little Yellow Book," and "Bumper to Bumper" in Canada, and the premiere of "Sanctuary!" and "What's Eating Patrick?" in Canada.
- This episode premiered in Canada ten years after the premiere of The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie on YTV in Canada, five years after Nickelodeon officially announced Season 10 and the premiere of "The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom" and "Bubble Buddy Returns" in Canada, and three years after "The Sponge Who Could Fly" premiered in Poland and "I'm Your Biggest Fan" was released in Poland.
- The music that plays on the radio when Mr. Krabs is cleaning his boat has a vague similarity to the SpongeBob Closing Theme.
- When SpongeBob blows bubbles to the Bikini Bottomites, the building nearby changes positions.
- Mrs. Puff didn't need to say what her name is since the students already know. It is possible that a new student was supposed to come but he/she got a bubble boat instead.
This article is in need of expansion, but it is not a stub. You can help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by adding more information. Please remove this template when done.