"Bulletin Board" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season nine. In this episode, SpongeBob puts up a community bulletin board, but anonymous reviews lead to trouble.
Mr. Krabs is talking to the sweet old lady about the service at the Krusty Krab while she is knitting a scarf. She says that it was great, but has to go, so she didn't have time to tell anyone about it, making Mr. Krabs mad. SpongeBob overhearing the discussion gets an idea attempting him to grab Mr. Krabs' court board and puts it up. Mr. Krabs, realizing what SpongeBob did, asks him what he's doing with his cork board. SpongeBob says that they can use it as a bulletin board. It becomes very popular with reviews leading to more money until SpongeBob sees a message that reads, "When I eat at the Krusty Krab, all I get is a dark, empty feeling inside!" and at the bottom it says "P-Star7." SpongeBob is very surprised to see this so he tells Mr. Krabs who is even more shocked and tries to take it down. As he is about to remove the board, the surfer dude goes up to him and tells him he can't do it. SpongeBob agrees still believing in the bulletin board's power so they agree they can't take it down. Then Patrick walks in and tells everyone he is P-Star7 but nobody believes him. Slowly but surely he puts up another note. SpongeBob, seeing the note, tries to write an apology note. After hours of SpongeBob cooking the perfect Patties, P-Star7 finally responds with another mean note saying that the Krabby Patties taste like old baseball gloves. Squidward, hearing these notes, bursts in laughter.
P-Star7 continues writing anonymous notes, saying more hurtful things including Pearl's drawings being terrible, Sandals smelling bad, Gus' eye being too big, Bubble Bass not being able to chew with his mouth closed, and that Squidward shouldn't be able to stand behind a cash register. These notes make SpongeBob, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs angry, so they wait in the Krusty Krab for P-Star7 to show up and write another one of his mean notes. After not very long of waiting, a shadow enters the Krusty Krab, which causes SpongeBob to turn on the light right away until they see it was Patrick. He giggles while putting up another note which makes Mr. Krabs mad, causing him to get rid of all the notes in the entire Krusty Krab. SpongeBob goes up to Patrick and asks why he was P-Star7. Patrick explains that he was going to reveal himself in his last note since he was upset that people were taking his notes the wrong way. SpongeBob understands as well as Squidward, but Mr. Krabs on the other hand, is still angry until he sees a knitting circle class. He then forces SpongeBob, Squidward, and Patrick to come along with him. The teacher ends up being the sweet old lady and everyone thinks she is great except Squidward who wants Patrick to go back to being P-Star7.
Vincent Waller confirmed this episode on Twitter on May 17, 2016. On July 13, 2016, he posted 2 images from the episode on his Twitter.
This episode first premiered in Canada on August 12, 2016, approximately one and a half month before it aired in the U.S. It finally aired in the United States on October 1, 2016.
‣ Hawaiian Adventures SpongeBob Theme
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
- Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card.]
‣ Sailor's Sting 28 - "And how was your meal today, ma'am?"
‣ ? ["...a bulletin board for the community!"]
‣ A Touch of Elegance - Ray Hartley [Old lady posts her review to the board.]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [Cash register drawer pops out of Krabs' mouth.]
‣ Sailor's Sting 4 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Hey, everybody!"]
‣ City Links - Peter Dennis [People posting things to the board.]
‣ The Drunken Sailor - "See, Mr. Krabs?"
‣ Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob screams.]
‣ Drama Link (b) - Hubert Clifford [A fish reads P-Star7's note.]
‣ Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer [Customers murmuring.]
‣ Unknown Track 52 - "Whoa dude, what's with the censorship?"
‣ Unknown Track 84 - "The board is sacred and must be respected."
‣ Sailor's Sting 7 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob writes a reply to "P-Star7."]
‣ Disastrous Event 2 - Harry Lubin [SpongeBob reads more bad notes on the board.]
‣ Sailor's Sting 11 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Mr. Krabs giving out pencils and paper.]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["If only I could figure out who this P-Star7 is."]
‣ Cocksure Capers - Phil Green [Patrick enters the Krusty Krab.]
‣ Against All Odds - Paul Lawler ["He's a true hero for our troubled times."]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (i) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob goes back into the kitchen.]
‣ Sailor's Sting 10 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob tries to make the patties rounder.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [Pile of meat on the grill.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob runs out of the kitchen.]
‣ Cartoon Sting 9 - Barry Anthony ["Fry-Bashee139, more like Cry-Baby139."]
‣ Clowning Around - Barry Anthony [Bubble Bass posts a note to the board.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (h) - Jeremy Wakefield ["You may be handsome, HandsomeLad42, but you're very mean!"]
‣ Sailor's Sting 8 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Mr. Krabs laughs along with the crowd.]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Krabs smells his armpits.]
‣ Sailor's Sting 19 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["What's wrong?"]
‣ Sailor's Sting 13 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [The Krusty Krab is covered in bulletin board reviews.]
‣ Agitation Bridge 2 - Phil Green ["It's that cursed cork board!"]
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [People posting insulting notes to the board.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward reads P-Star7's note.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (e) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, that is it!"]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward and Bubble Bass get into a wimp fight.]
‣ Menace [#42] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Can't you see what's happened?"]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (k) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Everybody out!"]
‣ Victim 5 - Harry Lubin [SpongeBob proposes a stakeout.]
‣ Mission Improbable - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob, Krabs and Squidward wait for "P-Star7" to come.]
‣ Unknown Track 54 - Nicolas Carr [Flower tattoo on Squidward's upper left arm]
‣ Mission Improbable - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Maintain radio silence."]
‣ Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney ["Surprise, P-Star7!"]
‣ Unknown Track 3 - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs tears all the notes down.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks II - Jeremy Wakefield ["That's what my last note was about."]
‣ Crazy Mind - Harry Lubin [Patrick eating a baseball glove.]
‣ Sailor's Sting 24 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Ooh, the knitting circle oughta do the trick."]
‣ Hawaiian Adventures SpongeBob Theme - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [The ending.]
- As of September 28, 2017, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 8.9/10 based on 72 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 9.8/10 based on 7 votes.
- This is the first episode to premiere during The SpongeBob Challenge event.
- This was the final episode to be written by Jack Pendarvis.
- This episode is Bubble Bass' second biggest appearance in the series, the biggest being "Pickles."
- Twitch makes his third appearance and his first since the season 8 episode "Treats!"
- This episode is a spoof of online trolling/cyberbullying from chatrooms. Instead of social media, P-Star7 uses the Bulletin Board to pick on everyone.
- It is revealed that Squidward has a flower tattoo on his arm.
- There's a gag in the episode where Patrick tries to eat his hand and puts salt on it. This is exactly what his distant ancestor does in "Ugh."
- The letters on the title card represent different-colored post-it notes.
- There is a flyer on the bulletin board that has a picture of Old Man Jenkins and a note that reads "Lost?" This could mean that he is missing.
- This episode premiered in Canada one year after the release of SpongeBob Comics #47.
- This episode premiered in the US 14 years after Bottoms Up! Jokes from Bikini Bottom was published and seven years after the premiere of "Goo Goo Gas" and "Le Big Switch" in Poland.
- This episode was paired with "Larry's Gym" during its first airing in the US.
- This is the second appearance of Shady Shoals Rest Home without Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy; the first was in "Doing Time."
- This episode takes place after "Sportz?" because SpongeBob and Patrick know what a baseball glove is.
- The part where Patrick was biting on the baseball glove is seen on the July 2016 premiere week commercials, even though it didn't premiere during that week.
- This episode is a reference to anonymous internet trolling and how things can be misinterpreted.
- When Bubble Bass spits out his Krabby Patty after he reads a series of notes that read "Close your mouth when you eat!" the rims on his glasses turn from black to green.
- The Galley Grub sign changes positions throughout the episode.
- SpongeBob is seen having a conversation with Squidward behind the register, but when he runs out the kitchen, the latter isn't seen behind said register.
- When SpongeBob is shrieking, the ropes on the windows are missing, making it look like the bulletin board is floating.