"Bucket Sweet Bucket" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season five. In this episode, Plankton gets SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward to fix up the Chum Bucket.
Plankton is tired of the Chum Bucket
's lack of business, so he attempts to remodel it and fails due to size deduction. As a result, he has to trick SpongeBob and Patrick into fixing it up by whimpering an excuse for him not to remodel. Soon he realizes that they both have done
everything wrong and breaks down sobbing about his failure, which attracts their loyalty towards him to make the Chum Bucket a success.
Soon after seeing their progress, Squidward criticizes them and tells them that they are not painting correctly. He joins in and paints different, unexpected art on the front of the restaurant.
Plankton sees this as an opportunity to purloin the Krabby Patty secret formula, as Mr. Krabs is on vacation, but Plankton thinks that Squidward's art is ugly, causing him to repaint it into a log cabin. SpongeBob requests some water to drink, but Plankton says that his pipes are not working and he can't get water even if he wanted to. This causes SpongeBob and Patrick to start replacing every part of the Chum Bucket with parts from the Krusty Krab.
When Plankton slides into the safe after the others are still working, he finds out that Mr. Krabs has replaced the formula with a to-do list and reveals that he keeps the formula in another safe when he goes on vacation. When Plankton comes out of the safe, the Krusty Krab is gone and in the place of the Chum Bucket. Mr. Krabs returns from his vacation, sees this, and literally pushes the Krusty Krab back to its normal spot, with Plankton going back to the Chum Bucket, which is completely gone.
After about 1 day, Mr. Krabs is enjoying the remodeled Krusty Krab, which was remodeled by Squidward, who used parts of the Chum Bucket, including the floors of the restaurant for the new wall areas, the walls of it for the central fountain, and Plankton's wife, Karen, like the computer.
The episode ends with a customer wanting to order a Krabby Patty until Mr. Krabs persuades him to get four of them for $100 because of the decorations.
‣ The Drunken Sailor
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
- Nicolas Carr [title card]
‣ Goofy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Plankton trying to paint the Chum Bucket]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill [Plankton spits out paintbrush]
‣ Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob, Patrick playing leapfrog]
‣ Woe is Me! - Richard Myhill [Plankton's sob story]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick puts a watermelon over his head]
‣ The Pollywog Strut - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Plankton giving instructions]
‣ ? ["Well, hop to it, lads!"]
‣ Squiddy G - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [plays on Squidward's headphones]
‣ Tomfoolery - David Snell [SpongeBob and Patrick painting the Chum Bucket]
‣ Hercule Poirot - Gerhard Trede ["My plan is falling right into place!"]
‣ Steel Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob asks for a drink]
‣ Hawaiian Flower - Jon Jelmer [rusty pipes]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Where'd he go?"]
‣ Closing the Door - Nicolas Carr [Plankton laughs]
‣ Clownfish Capers - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob getting pipes from the Krusty Krab]
‣ Terror by Night - Hubert Clifford ["Secret formula, here I come!"]
‣ Steel Licks (i) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Perfect!"]
‣ Historical Fanfare [#31.04] - Gerhard Narholz [Squidward's painting revealed]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch ["No, no, no! It's all wrong!"]
‣ Old 49er - Nicolas Carr [Plankton paints a log cabin]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch ["Everyone's a critic."]
‣ Gator - Steve Belfer [windows]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford ["Can't you two do anything right?!"]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill ["Just forget it."]
‣ Twelfth Street Rag - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [interior decorating]
‣ Mission Improbable - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Plankton sneaks into the Krusty Krab/Plankton enters the kitchen]
‣ The Promised Land - David Farnon [inside the safe]
‣ ? [drum roll]
‣ Tympup C - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy [Plankton reads the to-do list]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford ["This isn't the secret formula! It's a to-do list!"]
‣ Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney ["What happened to the Krusty Krab?"]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [they've moved it to where the Chum Bucket was]
‣ Seaweed - Steve Belfer ["This isn't what I meant by renovation!"]
‣ Keel Row - Brian Peters [Krabs returns from his vacation]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [The word "Exposition" appears behind SpongeBob]
‣ Keel Row - Brian Peters ["And it's time for The Krusty Krab to return from its vacation."]
‣ Ready for Combat - Gregor F. Narholz [The Krusty Krab returns from its "vacation"]
‣ Drunken Sailor (b) - Robin Jeffrey, Tim Laycock ["And I bet you tried to steal this, too."]
‣ Steel Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, excellent job, genius."]
‣ Classy Harpsichord - Nicolas Carr [ending]
- As of January 27, 2017, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 8.0/10 based on 146 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 8.5/10 based on 120 votes.
- Although this episode premiered in 2007, it was made in 2006 according to the credits.
- Karen implies it is the poor upkeep of the Chum Bucket that keeps customers away, but numerous other episodes imply that it is really the poor quality of the food.
- Squidward uses SpongeBob's line "Everyone's a critic" from "Frankendoodle."
- This episode marks the first time the basement of the Krusty Krab is seen.
- This episode marks the first time Karen works at the Krusty Krab.
- This is Larry Leichliter's last episode as an animation director on SpongeBob SquarePants; he left to work on The Mighty B!, another Nickelodeon animated series.
- This episode's title is a pun of the phrase "home sweet home."
- The computer game SpongeBob plays at the end of the episode is Solitaire, a game that is pre-installed on Windows computers.
- When Squidward sees the Chum Bucket being painted, he is in his walking outfit, but while he is painting, he is back to his normal clothes.
- Squidward has headphones on when he is walking, but when he walks up to the Chum Bucket, the headphones have vanished.
- When SpongeBob talks to Squidward and says "He calls it 'pizzazz'," SpongeBob blinks his eyes but his eyelashes are still seen for a split second.
- When Plankton is talking to SpongeBob before entering the Chum Bucket, SpongeBob has paint on him, but in the next shot, it is gone.
- His painter's hat also disappears.
- When Plankton and SpongeBob walk over to the window that Patrick made, it has eight bolts on it. However, after Plankton notices that the window is closed, it has six bolts on it. Then, when Patrick comments on how weird it is for Plankton wanting to see out the window, it has seven bolts. Finally, after Plankton bites off one of the bolts, eight spots are seen again.
- After doors fall on Plankton, his eyebrow is missing for three seconds.
- At the end of the episode, Squidward says he built a computer out of Karen, but in the scene, prior to that one, she is okay even after the Chum Bucket is destroyed.
- Whenever someone uses the word "pizzazz," sparkles fall from their hands.
- SpongeBob and Patrick getting parts from the Krusty Krab.
- The former gag also happens in "Idiot Box."