- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Karen Plankton
- Patrick Star
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Crowd of people
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Abigail Marge
- Martha Smith
SynopsisPlankton is tired of the Chum Bucket's lack of business, so he attempts to remodel it and fails due to size deduction. As a result, he has to trick SpongeBob and Patrick into fixing it up by whimpering an excuse for him not to remodel. Soon he realizes that they both have done everything wrong and breaks down sobbing about his failure, which attracts their loyalty towards him to make the Chum Bucket a success.
Soon after seeing their progress, Squidward criticizes them and tells them that they are not painting correctly. He joins in and paints different, unexpected art on the front of the restaurant.
Plankton sees this as an opportunity to purloin the Krabby Patty secret formula, as Mr. Krabs is on vacation, but Plankton sees his artwork as something he doesn't want, causing him to repaint it into a log cabin.
When Plankton slides into the safe after the others are still working, he finds out that Mr. Krabs has replaced the formula with a to-do list and reveals that he keeps the formula in another safe when he goes on vacation. When Plankton comes out of the safe, the Krusty Krab is out of its place, on the Chum Bucket's foundation! Mr. Krabs sees this and literally pushes the Krusty Krab back to its normal spot, with Plankton going back to the Chum Bucket, now gone.
After about a day, Mr. Krabs is enjoying the remodeled Krusty Krab, which was remodeled by Squidward, who used parts of the Chum Bucket, including the floors of the said restaurant for the new wall areas, the walls of it for the central fountain, and Plankton's wife, Karen, for the computer. The episode ends with a customer wanting to order a Krabby Patty, until Mr. Krabs persuades him to get four of them for $100.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ The Drunken Sailor - Nicolas Carr [title card]
‣ Goofy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Plankton trying to paint the Chum Bucket]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill [Plankton spits out paintbrush]
‣ Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob, Patrick playing leapfrog]
‣ Woe is Me! - Richard Myhill [Plankton's sob story]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick puts a watermelon over his head]
‣ The Pollywog Strut - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Plankton giving instructions]
‣ ? ["Well, hop to it, lads!"]
‣ Squiddy G - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [plays on Squidward's headphones]
‣ Tomfoolery - David Snell [SpongeBob and Patrick painting the Chum Bucket]
‣ Hercule Poirot - Gerhard Trede ["My plan is falling right into place!"]
‣ Steel Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob asks for a drink]
‣ Hawaiian Flower - Jon Jelmer [rusty pipes]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Where'd he go?"]
‣ Closing the Door - Nicolas Carr [Plankton laughs]
‣ Clownfish Capers - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob getting pipes from the Krusty Krab]
‣ Terror by Night - Hubert Clifford ["Secret formula, here I come!"]
‣ Steel Sting (c) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Perfect!"]
‣ Historical Fanfare [#31.04] - Gerhard Narholz [Squidward's painting revealed]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch ["No, no, no! It's all wrong!"]
‣ Old 49er - Nicolas Carr [Plankton paints a log cabin]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch ["Everyone's a critic."]
‣ Gator - Steve Belfer [windows]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford ["Can't you two do anything right?!"]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill ["Just forget it."]
‣ Twelfth Street Rag - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [interior decorating]
‣ Mission Improbable - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Plankton sneaks into the Krusty Krab]
‣ The Promised Land - David Farnon [inside the safe]
‣ ? [drum roll]
‣ Tympup (c) - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy [Plankton reads the to-do list]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford ["This isn't the secret formula! It's a to-do list!"]
‣ Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney ["What happened to the Krusty Krab?"]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [they've moved it to where the Chum Bucket was]
‣ Seaweed - Steve Belfer ["This isn't what I meant by renovation!"]
‣ Keel Row - Brian Peters [Krabs returns from his vacation]
‣ Fanfare (a) - The word "Exposition" appears behind SpongeBob
‣ Keel Row - Brian Peters ["And it's time for The Krusty Krab to return from its vacation."]
‣ Ready for Combat - Gregor F. Narholz [The Krusty Krab returns from its "vacation"]
‣ Drunken Sailor (b) - Robin Jeffrey, Tim Laycock ["And I bet you tried to steal this, too."]
‣ Steel Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, excellent job, genius."]
‣ Classy Harpsichord - Nicolas Carr [ending]
- This episode is available on the Bikini Bottom Adventures, Season 5 Volume 1, Complete Fifth Season, and First 100 Episodes DVDs.
- As of January 27, 2017, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 8.0/10 based on 146 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a 8.5/10 based on 120 votes.
- Karen implies it is the poor upkeep of the Chum Bucket that keeps customers away, but numerous other episodes imply that it is really the poor quality of the food.
- Running gag: Whenever someone uses the word "pizzazz," sparkles fall from their hands. SpongeBob and Patrick getting parts from the Krusty Krab.
- The former gag also happened in "Idiot Box."
- Amazingly, Squidward shows almost no hostility to SpongeBob, Patrick, or Plankton in this episode.
- This also happens in the episode "Krabby Road" as Squidward is not hostile toward SpongeBob, Patrick, or Plankton.
- The plot is very similar to "Krabby Road" as Plankton uses SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward (without them knowing) in a way to help him steal the secret formula.
- Squidward uses SpongeBob's line, "Everyone's a critic" in "Frankendoodle."
- It is very exaggerated when Mr. Krabs opens his own throat security box of the secret formula, would have been more reasonable to have taken the bottle of formula in one of his bags of luggage.
- The computer game SpongeBob was playing was Solitaire, a game that is pre-installed on Windows computers.
- This is the first episode where Patrick refers to Plankton by his name.
- This is the first time the basement of the Krusty Krab is seen. The second is in "Gullible Pants."
- This is the first time Karen is working at the Krusty Krab. The second is in "Karen 2.0."
- This is the third time SpongeBob and Patrick are painting a building, in this episode's case, the Chum Bucket. The first was the Krusty Krab and Mama Krab's house in the episode "Sailor Mouth," and the second time was Mr. Krabs' house in "Wet Painters."
- This is the last time that animation director Larry Leichliter has been on the show; he left to work on The Mighty B!, another Nick show.
- Many fans confuse this episode's name with the similarly named episodes "Home Sweet Pineapple" and "Home Sweet Rubble."
- This episode's title is a pun of the phrase "Home Sweet Home."
- The song playing in the scene where Plankton is trying to trick Spongebob and Patrick to work for him, is the same song Mr. Krabs played in "Squilliam Returns" on his world's smallest violin "Woe is Me."
- When Squidward sees the Chum Bucket being painted he is in his walking outfit, but while he is painting, he is back to his normal clothes.
- Squidward has headphones on when he is walking, but when he walks up to the Chum Bucket, the headphones have vanished.
- When SpongeBob is talking to Squidward and says "He calls it pizzazz." SpongeBob blinks his eyes but his eyelashes are still seen for a split-second.
- When Plankton is talking to SpongeBob before entering the Chum Bucket, SpongeBob has paint on him but in the next shot, there is no paint on him.
- His painter's hat also disappears.
- In this episode, Plankton seems bigger than usual.
- When Squidward paints Chum Bucket, Plankton repainted with a blue color with only 3 moves, the painting was a Log cabin without any blue.
- When Plankton and SpongeBob walked over to the window that Patrick made, the window had eight bolts on it. However, after Plankton notices that the window is closed, it had six bolts on it. Then, when Patrick commented on how weird it was for Plankton wanting to see out the window, it had seven bolts. Finally, after Plankton bit off one of the bolts, eight spots are seen again.
- After doors fell on Plankton, his eyebrow is missing for three seconds.