|Behold, No Cavities!|
|Publish Date:||July 24, 2007|
|List of books|
Behold, No Cavities! is a SpongeBob SquarePants book by Sarah Willson and illustrated by Harry Moore. It was published by Scholastic Inc. on July 24, 2007. It is available only in the United States. It has only 22 pages.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Gary the Snail
- Patrick Star
- Jellyfish (in a photo)
- Dr. Gill's Receptionist (debut)
- Stuffed Rabbit
- Teddy Bear
- Dr. Gill (debut)
- Debbie (debut)
- The Fish in the Dental Diagram
SpongeBob gets out of bed and tells Gary that it has been six months, two hours, and seven minutes since his last dental cleaning. He says that he is going to the dentist again. SpongeBob runs to go brush his teeth.
Patrick enters SpongeBob's house and enters his bathroom. Patrick asks SpongeBob why SpongeBob's mouth is foaming. While he's brushing his teeth, he says that it is just toothpaste. SpongeBob shows Patrick his shiny smile. SpongeBob explains that he flossed and he is now brushing his teeth like he does every morning and night. Patrick says that he always wondered what a toothbrush was.
SpongeBob is surprised that Patrick does not floss or brush his teeth. He asks if Patrick has semiannual dental exams. Patrick says that he does not. SpongeBob then asks Patrick if he has ever been to the dentist. Patrick says, "What's a dentist?"
SpongeBob says that Patrick should better come along with him to the dentist. He then says that he better call to get an appointment.
Later, at the Dentist's office, Patrick is clutching onto SpongeBob's leg because he is scared to go. He asks SpongeBob if it will be scary. SpongeBob says that it is not and that his dentist's office is the friendliest place in the world. He then says that he is the favorite patient of Dr. Gill, his dentist. He then says that everyone knows him there. He opens the door and they walk in.
A receptionist asks SpongeBob who he is. Patrick says that he thought that everyone knew him. SpongeBob says that she must be new.
A voice says, "SpongeBob! You're here!" SpongeBob says, "Hi, Debbie!" SpongeBob explains to Patrick that Debbie is Dr. Gill's hygienist. He then explains that a hygienist is someone who cleans teeth. Another voice says, "Do I hear SpongeBob?". SpongeBob says, "Hi, Dr. Gill!" SpongeBob explains that Dr. Gill makes sure that there are no cavities and if there are, he fixes them.
Debbie and Dr. Gill burst into the waiting room and hold hands with SpongeBob, singing, "I brush and floss my teeth each day to ward away that tooth decay!"
Patrick says that he never realized that getting your teeth cleaned could be so much fun. SpongeBob says that Patrick has not seen anything yet. He pulls Patrick into the hallway and shows him the "No Cavi-Tree." Patrick asks why there are so many teeth that say, "SpongeBob" on them. SpongeBob explains that you get your name posted up there every time you have no cavities at your visit. SpongeBob also explains that he gets a new tooth added there every time he visits because he has never had a cavity. A few teeth also say Squidward or Sandy.
Debbie says that it is time for SpongeBob's cleaning. He first gets an x-ray. Debbie then cleans SpongeBob's teeth. Dr. Gill takes a look at SpongeBob and says that his teeth look healthy, but they won't know for sure until the x-rays are done. SpongeBob then says that it is time to look at Patrick's teeth. He adds that Patrick has never been to the dentist.
Patrick gets in the chair and opens his mouth. Debbie and Dr. Gill look at Patrick's teeth. Dr. Gill then tells his receptionist to cancel the rest of the appointments for that day because it is going to take awhile to clean Patrick's teeth.
Several hours later, Patrick's teeth were finally clean. Debbie says that SpongeBob and Patrick can pick out a toothbrush. SpongeBob tells Patrick to follow him and that he cannot wait to see what colors of toothbrushes they have. Dr. Gill tells them that the light bulb used to view the x-rays needs a new bulb. He tells them to go home and that he would call the next day to give them their results.
The next morning, Patrick bursts into SpongeBob's house yelling, "No Cavities!" He then explains that Dr. Gill's receptionist called to tell him that he has no cavities. He then says that he can have his name in the No Cavi-Tree. SpongeBob says that the news is great. SpongeBob's phone rings. SpongeBob answers. He says, "Yes, this is SpongeBob. I... I... what? Okay. I'll be there at two o'clock. buh-buh-buh-bye." He then hangs up the phone and bursts into tears. He yells, "I have four cavities!" Patrick says that he will go with SpongeBob to the dentist's office to get them filled.
At 2:00, Patrick accompanies SpongeBob to the dentist's office. SpongeBob's eyes swell up with tears when he passes the No Cavi-Tree. Dr. Gill greets SpongeBob and Patrick. He then looks at SpongeBob's x-rays. He then notices that the X-rays are not SpongeBob's. SpongeBob says, "They're Not?" Dr. Gill says that they are Patrick's x-rays and that his new receptionist must have mixed them up.
SpongeBob then says, "I have no cavities? I have no cavities!" He leaps out of the chair. Patrick congratulates SpongeBob. They all dance happily. Patrick then realizes that he has cavities and he stops dancing. Debbie tells Patrick to get in the chair. She then tells him that Dr. Gill will have them quickly filled.
After Dr. Gill is finished, Patrick says that it did not hurt. Dr. Gill tells Patrick to floss every night, brush for at least two minutes twice a day, and to visit him every six months. He then tells him to pick a new toothbrush.
Patrick says that his teeth feel clean. The receptionist pins another tooth with SpongeBob's name on it to the No Cavi-Tree. Patrick says that next time he wants to see his name on the no Cavi-Tree. SpongeBob assures Patrick that he will.
The cover features SpongeBob sitting holding a tooth brush and is pointing at his teeth which appear to be clean and also show the name of the book in light blue.
This section is too short. You can help the Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding it.
- This book was released the same day "Squid Wood," and "The Krusty Sponge" premiered.
- Dr. Gill's office has toys in the waiting room, so it is possible he is also a pediatric dentist.
- This book takes place in 2006 or 2007 because there are 40 teeth on SpongeBob's No Cavi-Tree and he goes to the dentist twice a year making him 20 or 21 depending on when he started going to the dentist. He was 20 in 2006 and 21 in 2007.
- This book takes place before "Dumped" because Patrick brushes his teeth in that episode.
- This book takes place before both "Mid-Life Crustacean" and "The Whole Tooth" because Patrick does not know what a dentist is in this book, but goes to a dentist in those two episodes.
- This book may take place before "Sandy's Rocket" because Patrick has toothpaste in that episode.
- On the No Cavi-Tree, SpongeBob's, Sandy's, and Squidward's names are seen.
- SpongeBob states that it has been, "It has been exactly six months, two hours, and seven minutes since my dental cleaning." The clock shows that it is about 11:35. This means that his last dental visit was at about 9:28 AM.
- There are teeth on the No Cavi-Tree for Sandy, but she cannot get her teeth cleaned at Dr. Gill's office because that would require her to take off her helmet. Although, Dr. Gill might have to visit her treedome for her checkups.
- SpongeBob's chair is in a corner of his living room in this book, but in the series, it is next to the image of Gary.
- On the sixth page, SpongeBob and Patrick's reflections are off.
- On the sixth page, SpongeBob's left shoe is not shown in the reflection.