- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Miss Gristlepuss (debut)
- Miss Gristlepuss' sisters (debut)
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Jennifer Millie (pink)
- Mortician (mentioned)
- Al Priss (debut)
- Patrick Star
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Karen Plankton
- Harold "Bill" Reginald
- Nat Peterson
- Abigail Marge
- Jimmy Gus
- Old Man Jenkins
- Vera Fishbowl
- Frankie Billy
- Gary the Snail
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- Martha Smith
- Norma Rechid
- Frank (red shirt)
- SWAT team
SynopsisWhile SpongeBob makes Krabby Patties, he sings a song about how much he loves them, but stops in the middle, and while Squidward is stacking cups (in the form of a triangle), he inhales air. Right after Squidward finishes the triangle of cups, SpongeBob (full of air) looks to his left and exhales all of the air, which wrecks the cup pyramid. Miss Gristlepuss then enters, and is unhappy with what she sees, causing her and her organization to ban Krabby Patties.
Mr. Krabs causes the Krusty Krab to be closed by threatening Miss Gristlepuss with a French fry strainer and insulting her by calling her a disgusting old prune, not knowing her husband was the Police Chief. Meanwhile, Plankton at first thinks Mr. Krabs has changed the name to "The Closed Krab," but soon figures out he can take advantage of the moment and goes out to celebrate. Plankton soon discovers in surprise that the Krusty Krab has secretly been reopened at SpongeBob's Pineapple. Patrick, serving as a guard, asks Plankton for the password to enter, to which Plankton responds with a series of threats. Surprisingly enough, these threats constitute the password and Plankton is allowed in.
While Mr. Krabs scans to make sure the area is clear of cops, he goes to check on SpongeBob who is afraid of becoming arrested for making an illegal product. Mr. Krabs forces SpongeBob to work, threatening to make him take weekends off. Plankton discovers Mr. Krabs is doing his regular business "under the table" and calls the cops. In the blink of an eye, they arrive to clean up the Krabby Patties and arrest the employees.
However, Miss Gristlepuss trips and a Krabby Patty drops into her mouth, making her love the sandwich and forgive the Krusty Crew. Her decision is also influenced by the fact that her husband, Al the policeman, appears to love Krabby Patties as well despite their state of illegality. She decides not to send SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs to jail and unbans Krabby Patties, also deciding to reopen the Krusty Krab. Again, Plankton's plan has failed; he hides inside one of the Krabby Patties, only to be eaten by Miss Gristlepuss.
The Viking hat that Mr. Krabs wears when he greets T.U.O.O.F.A.T.T.A.F.A.D. was originally going to have a joke surrounding it. It would have been something to do with whom Mr. Krabs expected to be on the bus.
Andrea Martin's line were either recorded through the phone or in New York and was sent to Nickelodeon Animation Studio. The commentary this information comes from is not very clear on which it was.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Skipping to School - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ ? - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob sighs]
◦ I Love Patties - Aaron Springer, Eban Schletter [SpongeBob sings]
‣ One Over the Eight - Len Stevens [bus full of old ladies]
‣ ? [rimshot]
‣ Sailor's Sting 3 - Krabs yells at Squidward
‣ Lonely Heart's Club (a) - David Bell, Otto Sieben ["You seem to know the basic rules of behaving like a civilized bottom feeder."]
◦ I Love Patties - Aaron Springer, Eban Schletter [SpongeBob sings again]
‣ Lonely Heart's Club (a) - David Bell, Otto Sieben ["Look at this wild hooligan!"]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [Krabs cries]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield ["Thanks again, Al."]
‣ Country Romp [#24] - Harry Bluestone ["Mmm, I'm starving."]
‣ Botany Bay (b) - Robert Alexander White ["I'M RUINED!"]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["That's it! A secret Krusty Krab!"]
‣ Unknown Hawaiian Sting (a) - Secret Krusty Krab opened at SpongeBob's house
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band ["There you are, Betsy, good as new."]
‣ Hercule Poirot - Gerhard Trede ["Happy day, Karen!"]
‣ Background Blues - Otto Sieben [people waiting in line to get a Krabby Patty]
‣ Captain Lenoe's - Michael Arthur, Colin Cater, Mick Graves, The Folk Players, Sarah Graves, Simon Ritchie [inside the Secret Krusty Krab]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["SpongeBob?"]
‣ The Dreadnought Tea Clipper (b) - Tim Laycock, Robert Alexander White [SpongeBob under the table]
‣ Zelle 501 - Gerhard Trede [Plankton calls the cops]
‣ Police Car - Sam Spence [cops arrive]
‣ West Side Rumble - Sam Spence [SWAT team enters]
‣ Steel Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob, Krabs arrested]
‣ Dramatic Impact 3 - Ivor Slaney ["Al, what are you doing?!"]
‣ On Fire - Gregor F. Narholz ["Miss Gristlepuss, look out!"]
◦ I Love Patties - Aaron Springer, Eban Schletter [Miss Gristlepuss sings]
‣ Legends of the Silver Screen - Cedric King-Palmer ["I... I feel reborn!"]
‣ Wahini Wobble - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob's WhoBob WhatPants?, Season 5 Volume 2, Complete Fifth Season, and First 100 Episodes DVDs.
- As of May 9, 2017, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 7.2/10 based on 141 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 6.8/10 based on 141 votes.
- This episode's production number marks the 100th episode in the series.
- This episode was set to premiere with "The Battle of Bikini Bottom," but aired with "Stanley S. SquarePants" instead.
- In the beginning, SpongeBob mentions how he sang the song 90 times. By the end, he sang the song 92 times.
- In this episode, the soda dispenser is on the right side of the Krusty Krab. Usually it is on the left with the condiments.
- Mr. Krabs looks a little bigger when he went to the cash register to Squidward for joking at Miss Gristlepuss and her sisters.
- SpongeBob had a watch when Mr. Krabs was standing outside the Krusty Krab, saying that Krabs was standing there for four days. It is possible he had a stopwatch or digital watch.
- Mr. Krabs calls the cash register "Betsy" in this episode, but in "SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One," "Sponge-Cano!," and "The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom," he calls it "Cashy."
- The Galley Grub is not seen in the Secret Krusty Krab.
- When SpongeBob is under his table, Mr. Krabs says that he will make SpongeBob take weekends off if he does not continue cooking Krabby Patties, but in "SB-129," he is off on Sunday, which is part of the weekend. Mr. Krabs must have meant the entire weekends.
- At the very end, "The End" card background looks similar to the title card for "Sandy's Nutmare."
- This is the second episode in which Squidward is called "Squidwart." The first time was in "SquidBob TentaclePants."
- This is the second episode to end with Plankton being eaten. The first is "F.U.N."
- This is the third episode to have a "The End." The first two were "I Had an Accident" and "Wishing You Well."
- Andrea Martin guest starred as Miss Gristlepuss.
- In the United Kingdom, this episode and its sister were the last episodes ever aired on BBC on December 23, 2008 until October 2016 when "Move It or Lose It" was aired. From January 2, 2009 to September 25, 2016, SpongeBob continued airing on CBBC.
- To date, this is the only episode to use Skipping to School as the title card music.
- Miss Gristlepuss' husband, Al Priss, strongly resembles Duke Nukem.
- A banner in SpongeBob's house says "Keep it secret. Keep it safe." This is a reference to a line said by Gandalf the Grey in The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.
- The scene where Plankton has to guess the password is based off a gag done by the Marx Brothers did, where they would make someone guess the password, which was "Swordfish."
- When Squidward said "Do you want to 'Secret Size' that for $2 more" is a parody of McDonald's and their policy of allowing their customers to 'Super Size' their meal for more money.
- The episode is heavily based off the Prohibition era in American History, which was a time when alcohol was illegal in America. The references are:
- In reality, Miss Gristlepuss has no power of closing down the Krusty Krab and banning Krabby Patties just for the reason of it being "fun and delicious", even if her husband is the chief of police. They must have a better reason, like it being poisonous would be a reason for it getting banned. But if the previous is true, and the Krusty Krab is still closed down, they can be arrested for false accusations.
- Even though she calls herself Miss. Gristlepuss, she should be called Mrs. Gristlepuss, because she is married.
- The police cannot make a food illegal, as the police only enforce the law. It is the government that makes the laws. And even then it would take some time to get it passed (if it is even passed). While here, it only took one day to pass.
- Squidward's house is not shown when the police arrive at SpongeBob's house.
- If one were selling an illegal product in secret, it would be a dead-give away with a banner at the location in plain view.
- Mr. Krabs' and SpongeBob's hands were cuffed in front of them, when it should have been behind them.
- In the end credits and TV guide description, Miss Gristlepuss is mistakenly called "Miss Priss."
- When SpongeBob had first started singing, there were four patties on the grill, later, there were eight.
- Towards the end of SpongeBob's self inflation, the two spatulas he was gripping disappear.
- When Mr. Krabs went to the cash register to Squidward for joking at Miss Gristlepuss and her sisters, he was standing behind the boat and his body was overlapping the cash register part.
- When Mr. Krabs is seen greeting Miss Gristlepuss, the Krusty Krab door handles are blue instead of yellow.
- Miss Gristlepuss blows her whistle and lets go, the black lanyard and whistle ends at her chest. But when the next scene cuts in her whistle is connected to the thread of her shirt without the black lanyard.
- When Miss Gristlepuss meets Mr. Krabs, his belt was missing. In the next shot, he is wearing his belt.
- On American airings, after Mr. Krabs meets Miss Gristlepuss, the closed-captions say "Mr. Grabs" instead of "Mr. Krabs."
- When Mr. Krabs screams, "I'm ruined!," his eyelashes are gone.
- When Plankton looks out his window to see the Krusty Krab, the road following to the Chum Bucket doors aren't there.
- When Plankton asked Harold and Nat what was going on, he was wearing a suit. When he went up to SpongeBob's door and talked to Patrick, his suit was gone. It's possible Plankton took off his suit off-screen.
- When the police are breaking into SpongeBob's house, Plankton is briefly seen hiding under a Krabby Patty. It is unknown why Plankton did not steal the Krabby Patty like usual.
- It is possible that because the Krabby Patties were illegal, he did not want to steal it because he would have gotten arrested for selling them.
- The Krabby Patty Plankton is seen hiding under has no seeds, unlike the other Krabby Patties.
- When the Secret Krusty Krab was found by cops, SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs are handcuffed, but when Miss Gristlepuss accidentally falls down and eats a Krabby Patty, they are not handcuffed. Later, Mr. Krabs appears handcuffed again.