April 16 is the 106th day of the year (107th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 259 days remaining.
- 1950: Billy West, one of the voices of King Neptune and voice of one of the Seagulls in The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water, was born.
- 2005: The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie was released in theatres in Indonesia.
- 2006: "Dunces and Dragons" premiered in New Zealand.
- 2012: "Accidents Will Happen," "The Other Patty," "A Friendly Game," and "Sentimental Sponge" premiered in Poland.
- 2017: "Plankton Gets the Boot" will premiere in Russia.
- April 16 on Wikipedia