"All That Glitters" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season four. In this episode, SpongeBob breaks his spatula, and is forced to replace it.
During an intense day at work, a customer orders a Monster Krabby Patty and SpongeBob tries to make it flip. As a result, Spat is crushed and smashed which causes SpongeBob crying like crazy. With his favorite kitchen implement out of commission, SpongeBob searches for a temporary replacement (even though he thought death fate spatula could replace Spat.) SpongeBob finds "Le Spatula," the latest in a state-of-the-art cooking tool. The sleek and modern Le Spatula dazzles SpongeBob so completely that he will do anything to own one. But will this fancy gadget fill the void that was left by his old trusty spatula?
After selling everything, including his clothing, a nude SpongeBob attains Le Spatula from the man from the store. He shows him off to Mr. Krabs, and, later, before he flips a patty, he refuses. He says it is disgusting, and that he and SpongeBob aren't friends at all. He then suddenly grows robotic legs and runs off. Mr. Krabs confronts SpongeBob, and SpongeBob runs off to the hospital, where old Spat lays. He suddenly runs out of life as SpongeBob watches, and SpongeBob cries in agony. Then a doctor appears, and, after some conversation, tells him that is not his spatula, and that Spat is in the infirmary. SpongeBob runs over to Spat, but Spat turns away from SpongeBob, making SpongeBob burst into tears.
SpongeBob cries he is sorry for buying Le Spatula, claiming it was his moment of weakness. SpongeBob rolls in a fit of tears as he goes back to the Krusty Krab. He cries in the kitchen, but suddenly, he hears patties flipping and sees Spat flipping Krabby Patties on the grill, and he cries in joy. Apparently, he forgave him. Suddenly, another Monster Krabby Patty is ordered. The two try to hopefully succeed in flipping it. Suddenly, SpongeBob's arms break off. He ends up laughing, and the episode ends.
According to the storyboard, after Mr. Krabs said "Go before I lose all me customers," he would cry a tear drop saying "Me money," then Squidward would ask "What happened?" and Mr. Krabs replies back "I don't know."
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Holiday Dream - Max Mahlmann [title card]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band [customer orders a Monster Krabby Patty]
‣ Frankenstein's Niece (a) - Gregor Narholz ["Did you say a Monster Krabby Patty?!"]
‣ Facing the Challenge - Gregor Narholz ["We can do this!"]
‣ House of Horror - William Farran [Spongebob cries in panic as his spatula broken into half]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [spatula taken to hospital]
‣ The Shower 60 - Gregor Narholz ["What?!"]
‣ Steel Sting (n) - Jeremy Wakefield ["There is only one spatula for me, that is Spat."]
‣ Unknown Track 25 - Nicolas Carr [at the hospital]
‣ Sixties Happy Times - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [montage of SpongeBob and Spat together]
‣ Inferno - Fredric Bayco [sword fight]
‣ Fates [#61.03] - Gregor Narholz ["There's no easy way to say this."]
‣ Kamakani (b) - Kapono Beamer [SpongeBob leaves the hospital]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["Hey, look at that!"]
‣ Fanfare for a King - Sam Fonteyn [Le Spatula introduced]
‣ Unknown Track 40 - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob reaches toward it]
‣ Goofy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["No touchy-touchy the Le Spatula."]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Nice outfit."]
‣ On the Beach - Kapono Beamer [SpongeBob going to work naked]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Oh!"]
‣ Heraldic Overture - Sam Fonteyn ["Le Spatuler... what in blazes is that?"]
‣ Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr [choir]
‣ Spanish Ladies (b) - Robin Jeffrey, Tim Laycock ["Ooh, that sounds exciting."]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Oh, it's okay, no need to be shy."]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band [customer orders a Krabby Patty]
‣ Lighting the Fuse (a) - Dick Stephen Walter [Le Spatula refuses to flip the patty]
‣ Lighting the Fuse (b) - Dick Stephen Walter [Le Spatula refuses to flip the patty]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch ["I am designed for the utmost in culinary cuisine."]
‣ Stepping into Danger - Mike Sunderland ["Friends with you? Ha!"]
‣ Steel Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [Le Spatula leaves]
‣ Whisper from the Past [#63] - Gregor Narholz ["I had a spatula once... a real spatula."]
‣ Romantic Ending [#31] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [SpongeBob goes back to the hospital]
‣ Funeral Music - Alfred Kluten ["Spatula? It can't be true!"/SpongeBob continues crying.]
‣ Stack of Leis - Kapono Beamer [SpongeBob crying]
‣ The Legend Spreads - Steve London [SpongeBob and Spat reunite]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band ["One Monster Krabby Patty."]
‣ Captain Lenoe's - Michael Arthur, Colin Cater, Mick Graves, The Folk Players, Sarah Graves, Simon Ritchie [ending]
- As of August 11, 2016, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 7.5/10 based on 175 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 7.7/10 based on 167 votes.
- "All That Glitters" was ranked #12 during the Best Day Ever event on November 9–10, 2006.
- This is the ninth episode where its title card is animated; the eighth being "Karate Island," the seventh being "Ghost Host," the sixth being "Skill Crane," the fifth being "SpongeBob Meets the Strangler," the fourth being "One Krabs Trash," the third being "Idiot Box," the second being "Prehibernation Week" and the first being "SB-129."
- This episode re-aired with "Squidtastic Voyage" for its premiere that happened later in 2006.
- Squidward states that no one ever orders a Monster Krabby Patty, and the Monster Mac is rarely ordered as well.
- When the hands dump the Monster Krabby Patty onto the grill, it's dumped on top of Krabby Patties already being prepared.
- SpongeBob's spatula was wrecked before, and he didn't get upset over it.
- When SpongeBob wails over his spatula breaking, he cries to:
- Mr. Krabs
- Two customers (Tina Fran and another fish)
- Someone in one of the restaurant's bathroom stalls
- Bikini Bottom Police officers
- A woman and her baby in a stroller who cries along
- Himself in the mirror
- A therapist while on a couch
- Himself on top of a large rock, Patrick then appears and cries along with him.
- His wailing sounds like the Timesplitters character Gingerbread Man.
- Fred, who sells the spatula, is dressed the same way when he offered Mr. Krabs $1,000,000 for the soda drink hat in "One Krabs Trash," which could indicate that he is wealthy.
- When an old woman passes SpongeBob when he was naked, she appears to be checking him out.
- When Squidward is laughing at naked SpongeBob, a pig snort is heard.
- This episode premiered one year after SpongeBob SquarePants 4-D: Ride opened.
- In French, this episode is titled "Spat..."
- On the French title card, there is a lens flare effect added.
- The French title card also appears to recycle text from the original title card as it appears the "P" is the R from the original title card with the slanted leg removed.
- SpongeBob mentions the episode title when he says All That Glitters is not gold.
- This episode was released on Whale of a Birthday before the episode of the same name.
- On early motion graphics tests for TurboNick, it was mistakenly called "Everything That Glitters."