The Achterhoek Dances is a medley of five traditional folk dances that are performed by bandoneon player Jan Rap. It is used mainly for the Krusty Krab or Mrs. Puff's Boating School. It is also used mainly for the characters Mr. Krabs, Patchy the Pirate, and Mrs. Puff.
First Achterhoek Dance
This dance is sometimes followed by the Second Achterhoek Dance. It is used in 23 episodes.
- 6b. "Pickles" - "Welcome to the Krusty Krab!"
- 13b. "I Was a Teenage Gary" - Squidward knocks on SpongeBob's door.
- 17a. "Arrgh!" - "Where could they be? They should've been here hours ago."
- 20a. "Hooky" - The customers complain about Squidward's food.
- 38a. "Sailor Mouth" - "Time to take out the trash."; "Alright, you two foul mouths..."
- 69b. "Mrs. Puff, You're Fired" - Mrs. Puff gives SpongeBob a boating lesson while Gunther Fitz watches.
- 71a. "Whale of a Birthday" - Pearl crashes through the floor.
- 77a. "Driven to Tears" - SpongeBob and Patrick walk to boating school.
- 81. "Friend or Foe" - After the first patty video finishes.
- 82a. "The Original Fry Cook" - "Oh, I just can't decide what to order."
- 89a. "The Krusty Sponge" - "Okay, and would you like any fries with that?"
- 93b. "Pat No Pay" - Mr. Krabs gives SpongeBob a bag of money.
- 99a. "The Two Faces of Squidward" - "Welcome to the Krusty Krab, where it's almost as if the evolutionary clock ticks backwards."
- 100b. "Stanley S. SquarePants" - Stanley takes a photo with his first customer.
- 102b. "Nautical Novice" - Mrs. Puff teaches a lesson on boats.
- 108b. "Plankton's Regular" - Mr. Krabs does money bowling.
- 109a. "Boating Buddies" - The first track of the entirety of the first scene of Squidward in boating class; the beginning of the "Behind the Wheel Lesson" scene. (Low pitched)
- 114b. "Ditchin'" - Boating school the next day; "Something the matter, SpongeBob?; "Bring the key back to my desk or you're in big trouble!"; SpongeBob remembers what Mrs. Puff said.
- 132a. "Yours, Mine and Mine" - Patrick tries to order at the Krusty Krab.
- 147a. "Hide and Then What Happens?" - Exterior shot of Boating School.
- 154b. "The Hot Shot" - "That went better than I expected."
- 177b. "Move It or Lose It" - SpongeBob tries to get Mrs. Puff to sign the petition. (Low pitched)
- 218b. "There's a Sponge in My Soup" - The opening.
Second Achterhoek Dance
When this dance plays, it usually follows the First Achterhoek Dance. It can be heard in 8 episodes.
- 6b. "Pickles" - "One Crying Johnny up!"
- 71a. "Whale of a Birthday" - "I'm going to be 16!"
- 81. "Friend or Foe" - Patchy is at the grill with Potty.
- 89a. "The Krusty Sponge" - Mr. Krabs comes into the kitchen with three SpongeBob boxes.
- 99a. "The Two Faces of Squidward" - "Remind me to fire my therapist."
- 102b. "Nautical Novice" - "Wait a minute, class."
- 109a. "Boating Buddies" - The second track of the entirety of the first scene of Squidward in boating class.
- 177b. "Move It or Lose It" - SpongeBob tries to get the mailfish to sign the petition.
Third Achterhoek Dance
This is the only Achterhoek Dance to not debut in "Pickles." It has so far only been used in one episode.
- 109a. "Boating Buddies" - The third track of the entirety of the first scene of Squidward in boating class.
Fourth Achterhoek Dance
- 6b. "Pickles" - "Can I get some extra salt?"
- 11b. "Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost" - SpongeBob and Patrick go to clean the back room of Squidward's house.
- 20a. "Hooky" - "Fishermen have quite an effect on our undersea friends."
- 38a. "Sailor Mouth" - "All right, you two foul mouths. As punishment for fouling the air in me restaurant with yer foul words, you're going to give the Krusty Krab a fresh coat of paint from top to bottom."
- 69b. "Mrs. Puff, You're Fired" - Mrs. Puff is back at her school.
- 71a. "Whale of a Birthday" - Pearl's friends eat popcorn.
- 82a. "The Original Fry Cook" - "Hey, Eugene, where's that little fry cook of yours?"
- 102a. "Penny Foolish" - "Good morning, SpongeBob."
- 102b. "Nautical Novice" - SpongeBob leaves Mrs. Puff's class.
- 109a. "Boating Buddies" - The fourth track of the entirety of the first scene of Squidward in boating class.
Fifth Achterhoek Dance
- 6b. "Pickles" - SpongeBob quickly makes 12 Krabby Patties on wheat buns.
- 38a. "Sailor Mouth" - Mr. Krabs swears about his hurt foot.
- 81. "Friend or Foe" - Mr. Pirateson takes the patty off his face.
- 107a. "Giant Squidward" - 'Giant' Squidward blows on a fish's windmill.
- 109b. "The Krabby Kronicle" - Everybody reads their newspapers.
- 182a. "Little Yellow Book" - SpongeBob cooking patties; SpongeBob serving patties.
- It is interesting to note that none of these tracks played in season 3.