- Eugene H. Krabs
- Frankie Billy
- Monroe Timmy
- Nathiel Waters
- Norma Rechid
- Old Man Jenkins
- Tina Fran
- Taylor Fishbowl
- Nat Peterson
- Martha Smith
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Patrick Star
- Abigail Marge
- Harold "Bill" Reginald
- OWS Inspector (debut)
At the Krusty Krab, the customers start to form a big riot because Squidward is not at his post, so Mr. Krabs asks SpongeBob where he is and he says that he is in the storage room doing something that requires "complete privacy."
Then, they hear a thud coming from the storage room, and they find Squidward, who has twisted his ankle, in a pile of buns lying on the floor. After Squidward explains what happened, Mr. Krabs realizes that it means he has to pay a fine to OWS. Squidward then sees it as an opportunity to blackmail Mr. Krabs unless he becomes his servant until he recovers. First, Mr. Krabs fluffs a pillow for him and takes over for him.
Meanwhile, SpongeBob and Patrick secretly investigate the accident to find out if he is faking about his twisted ankle, but they cannot figure anything out. Meanwhile, Squidward is seen on the roof while Mr. Krabs brings him tea. Then, he is forced to massage Squidward's ankle with Fry Grease. But when a customer orders something, he cooks a patty with his greasy hands and gets the customer sick. And when he is forced to pop Squidward's back barnacles, the customers leave.
Then, an agent from the OWS comes to the Krusty Krab to investigate, then it is revealed that SpongeBob called him. Squidward then lies about how he was hurt, saying that he saw ten instead of eleven seeds on a bun, causing him to snatch it and try to replace it with a new one. When he was about to get one, the shelf broke and hit him in the head. When the OWS Agent is about to fine Mr. Krabs, luckily for Mr. Krabs remembers the surveillance camera he installed which unknown from OWS agent that he swiped it from the airport (saying that he "borrowed" it) to record the incident, much to Squidward's shock.
When everyone watches the video, it is revealed that Squidward was shown sleeping on the shelf, weighing it down, and causing the chain to snap, meaning he had faked the accident the whole time to have a rest time without Mr. Krabs' knowing. Mr. Krabs becomes infuriated and disappointed at him (Squidward) for his faked accident and lies statement and decides to get revenge on Squidward by "making him pay" after what he did for trying to fine Mr. Krabs. The episode ends with Squidward being forced to pop Mr. Krabs' back barnacles as punishment for sleeping on the job.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ ? - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card.]
‣ Sailor's Sting 8 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Opening.]
‣ Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney ["Where's me cashier?!"]
‣ Sailor's Sting 7 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs asks SpongeBob where Squidward is.]
‣ Dramatic Impact 2 - Ivor Slaney [Squidward emerges from pile of buns.]
‣ Fates [#61] - Gregor F. Narholz [Krabs cries.]
‣ Steel Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Don't worry, papa's here."]
‣ Crazy Mind - Harry Lubin ["Injured? On the job?"]
‣ Visiting Royalty - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["It's all right here, Mr. Krabs."]
‣ Sailor's Sting 10 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob reads safety guidelines.]
‣ Unknown Track 45 - Nicolas Carr ["First aid?"]
‣ Cinema Screen 3 - Brian Fahey ["Fear not, injured coworker, for I am certified."]
‣ Befuddled Gent - Phil Green [Squidward yells into SpongeBob's stethoscope.]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward's voice echoes.]
‣ Declamatory Chords - Alan Braden [Krabs screams.]
‣ Unknown Hawaiian Sting (g) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Please don't report me to the OWS."]
‣ Sailor's Sting 12 - Michael Bolger, Sage Guyton [Krabs taking care of Squidward.]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["Oh, of course."]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford [Krabs screams.]
‣ Sailor's Sting 8 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Don't worry about that."]
‣ Mission Improbable - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Krabs asks SpongeBob to investigate.]
‣ Nautical Hijinx - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Okay, you stand here."]
‣ ? [Squidward relaxing on the roof.]
‣ Drama Link (g) - Hubert Clifford [Krabs eats the phone.]
‣ Steel Sting (a) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I'll go get the massage oil now."]
‣ Steel Sting (r) - Jeremy Wakefield [Mr. Krabs sighs.]
‣ Unknown Track 7 - "This just isn't adding up."
‣ The Power Within - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Krabs massaging Squidward with fry grease.]
‣ Clumsy (a) - Bernd Gesell ["Hello? Anybody here?"]
‣ The Power Within - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["How long do I have to keep this up?"]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford [Back barnacles.]
‣ Steel Sting (r) - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs popping Squidward's back barnacles.]
‣ Unknown Hawaiian Sting (n) - Customers leaving.
‣ Unknown Track 11 - OWS inspector appears.
‣ Beautiful Moonlit Night - Carl Maria Von Weber, George Wilson ["It was just another day at the Krusty Krab."]
‣ Sailor's Sting 1 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Squidward cleaning the cash register.]
‣ Heroes to the Rescue - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["I wasn't about to stand idly by..."]
‣ Armed Attack - Jean Clero [Shelf collapses.]
‣ Desperate Situation - Phil Green [Squidward crying for help.]
‣ Beautiful Moonlit Night - Carl Maria Von Weber, George Wilson [Squidward finishes explaining.]
‣ Bumbling (b) - Bernd Gesell ["As you know, certain penalties are involved."]
‣ ? [Drum roll.]
‣ Sailor's Sting 15 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs cries.]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Huh?"]
‣ Tipsy Turvy - Phil Green [Krabs sees a surveillance camera.]
‣ Animal Antics [#45] - Phil Green [Video of what really happened.]
‣ Sailor's Sting 15 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["You... faker!"]
‣ The Power Within - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Krabs lying on a table.]
‣ Rasping Brass - Harry Bluestone [Back barnacles.]
‣ Unknown Hawaiian Sting (o) - Ending.
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob's Frozen Face-Off, Disorder in the Deep, and Complete Eighth Season DVDs.
- As of September 30, 2017, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 7.3/10 based on 53 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a 8.5/10 based on 74 votes.
- The title card is similar to the episode, "Banned in Bikini Bottom," except it's blue.
- Mr. Krabs is explaining suspiciously that he "borrowed" the surveillance cameras, making this a reference to the episode, "Life of Crime."
- This is the first episode of Season 8.
- It is revealed that there is an OWS poster, hidden in the stockroom.
- It is revealed that Mr. Krabs has a security camera in the bun storage. This shows he is over protective as revealed in "Truth or Square."
- It is debatable as to whether the surveillance camera operates from the same room as the one in "Truth or Square." The one in "Truth or Square" seemed unreachable, hinting that this one works from a different surveillance room.
- They did not call the OWS in "The Splinter" when SpongeBob got the splinter in his thumb; they just threatened to send him home. This is possible because SpongeBob's splinter was a minor injury.
- Also, there were many customers in the restaurant at the time and somehow, they got their Krabby Patties.
- When the customers are leaving because they are disgusted by Squidward's back barnacles, you can hear someone say "Is THAT the secret ingredient?," and another one saying "Hold the special sauce, man."
- This is the third time anchovies appear inside the Krusty Krab. The first was in "Help Wanted" and the second was in "The Play's the Thing."
- This is the third time Mr. Krabs makes a Krabby Patty instead of SpongeBob. The first was in "Welcome to the Chum Bucket" and the second was in "Fungus Among Us." This is also the second time that he makes a Krabby Patty without burning it.
- Squidward seems to show signs of what could be considered Munchausen Syndrome, in which a person fakes a disease or illness in order to elicit attention or sympathy. In this case, getting Mr. Krabs to pamper him.
- Mr. Krabs says, "What in Neptune's knickers?" but "knickers" means "panties" in the UK and other countries part of the Commonwealth, including Canada.
- Patrick made a reference to "Frankendoodle," an earlier episode in the SpongeBob SquarePants series, by saying "Finland" in pain. This also occurs in The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water.
- When the OWS arrives in the storage room, the chalk outline of Squidward is much lower than the shelf. Squidward, arrival OWS, is on a wheelchair after, Squidward is always in a wheelchair. The door of the storage room, however, has been cordoned off by SpongeBob. No one knows how Squidward can be entered.
- Because it is such a serious situation that Squidward was injured, and plus the fact that the OWS had to get involved, it is strange that Mr. Krabs was only charged a dollar.
- Mr. Krabs has committed yet another crime. He said he "borrowed" the security camera from the airport in a nervous tone. Of course, Mr. Krabs has actually stolen it.
- Although Mr. Krabs is angered by Squidward sleeping on the job, he is okay with it in other episodes.
- This episode premiered on Lori Alan's 45th birthday, five years after the Karate Island DVD was released, and two years after "Chum Caverns" premiered.
- This episode premiered in Canada on John Lurie's 59th birthday.
- This episode was first aired in the Philippines on October 14, 2011, along with "The Other Patty." Both episodes are not part of the Animation Domination special, featuring a combination of the rest of Season 8 episodes of SpongeBob SquarePants and new episodes of Kung Fu Panda: Legends Of Awesomeness, only airing on the week of April 9, 2012 to April 13, 2012. The second one is "Drive Thru" and "The Hot Shot," which is also not part of Animation Domination. The third one would be "Frozen Face-Off" which aired on January 13, 2012. The first and second aired along with "The Great Patty Caper," "New Fish in Town," and "Love That Squid."
- The episode title is the same name as the "Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends" song, created in 1998.
- The title could've possibly been named after the 1979 song, Accidents Will Happen by Elvis Costello.
- When Mr. Krabs says, "I ain't touching your tentacles with a 10-ft pole!" it is a reference to the Grinch.
- At the beginning when the lifeguard fish yells, "Where's the dude in the boat?" Mr. Krabs' eyelashes look different.
- In the first few minutes of the episode, Squidward's ankle did look like it was twisted and hurt, but after the scene on the roof, it looks better again. It might have been that Squidward did not lie about the twisted ankle, but lied when saying it's going to take a while to heal.
- When Mr. Krabs asks SpongeBob where Squidward is, SpongeBob was holding his spatula, but when it zooms in, he's not holding anything.
- There is an error on the chalk outline of Squidward: in fact, the visible shape is characterized by four tentacles (two arms and two legs), but the other two legs are not drawn.
- When the OWS Inspector shows up, the grease bottle disappears.
- When the OWS Inspector investigates the crime scene, Squidward, for some reason is in a sling, his head is wrapped, and he's in a wheelchair. All of this is new from earlier in the episode. He is then able to walk out of his wheelchair on his supposed twisted ankle.
- In Squidward's false report, he suggests that a customer's Krabby Patty had only ten sesame seeds instead of eleven. This too would be inaccurate, as sesame seed buns normally have over a hundred seeds on them, not just eleven. Besides, the camera only showed one side of the Krabby Patty. There has to be more on the other side.
- In Squidward's false flashback, the chain on the right snaps, but in reality, it was the one on the left. It may be a hint that he's lying.
- In Squidward's flashback, it shows him fall with hardly any buns, but in reality, there was a mountain of buns on him.
- Squidward also says that he lay on the floor for six hours before being found, but SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs ran in immediately when they hear him fall. Although, he was probably just exaggerating to gain sympathy from the OWS worker.
- While SpongeBob and Patrick are investigating in the stockroom, there is a jar of Fry Grease. However, when Mr. Krabs picks it up, it says Fay Grease instead.
- When Squidward is caught in sight with the Krabby Patty, the menu is spelled as "Gally Grub," not "Galley Grub." When the camera returns to his face and body, both the "Menu" and "Order Here" signs are gone.
- The vent funnel on the top of the Krusty Krab was on the far right side, rather than in the middle.
- In the Russian version, the title card mistakes Tom Yasumi as animation director instead of Andrew Overtoom.