- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Patrick Star
- Gary the Snail
- French Narrator
- Fred (blue)
- Abigail Marge
- Frankie Billy
- Harold "Bill" Reginald
SpongeBob goes over to Patrick Star's House so they can play a game of golf. However, before their game can begin, it starts to rain. Patrick tries to tell the rain to go away, but he winds up getting shocked by lightning and screams. While hearing the noise outside, Squidward opens his window and tells them to keep it at a low rumble. While it is raining outside, SpongeBob and Patrick decide to build a golf course in SpongeBob's house. While they are building, the noise wakes Squidward up. Squidward tells SpongeBob and Patrick to not make any more noise "Or else." Patrick does everything he can to distract SpongeBob and make him lose. SpongeBob and Patrick's golf balls smash through SpongeBob's window after they hit them too hard and land right in Squidward's window.
SpongeBob decides to end the game, but Patrick ignores him and enters Squidward's house to look for his ball. While searching, Patrick stops to eat some kelp salad, only to discover he has also eaten SpongeBob's ball, which was hiding in it. Patrick offers to get the ball out but he declines and tells Patrick he has to "play the ball where it lies." After hitting his ball out of Patrick's body, Patrick finds his ball stuck in his bum crack, SpongeBob reminds him again that he must "play it where it lies." Patrick gets a hole in one and SpongeBob tells him he could do it blindfolded, so Patrick hands him a blindfold. Patrick helps SpongeBob find his ball by playing hot or cold, but since SpongeBob can't see, he accidentally breaks Squidward's furniture and paintings.
They soon find both balls have landed in Squidward's room, Patrick's golf ball is on Squidward's head and SpongeBob's golf ball is in his mouth. Just as they are about to hit their balls, Squidward wakes up and screams as SpongeBob hits his golf ball out along with Squidward's dentures. SpongeBob and Patrick both get a hole in one and leave Squidward's house, planning to have a rematch next Saturday. The episode ends with Squidward's house collapses and falles apart to the ground.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Bikini Bottom Bound - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ SpongeBob History Song - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Patrick! Tee time, Patrick!"]
‣ Steel Sting (r) - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick struck by lightning]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob gets an idea]
‣ Powder Snow - Gerhard Trede [construction montage]
‣ Hide and Seek - Arthur Harold Wilkinson [Squidward can't sleep]
‣ Unknown Track 11 - Squidward tries to complain
‣ Unknown Track 12 - indoor golf course revealed
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [butter sculpture of Squidward]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Listen up!"]
‣ Unknown Track 12 - "Just don't let it happen again!"
‣ Twelfth Street Rag - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [game begins]
‣ Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [windmill]
‣ Unknown Track 47 - SpongeBob misses
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [crowd mumbling]
‣ You're Nice - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Looks like we're tied."]
‣ Unknown Track 33 - "Uh-oh..."
‣ Lite Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [inside Squidward's house]
‣ Skipping to School - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [golf ball in Patrick's butt]
‣ Cartoon Sting 3 - SpongeBob blindfolded
‣ Unknown Track 13 - Squidward mumbling in his sleep
‣ Cartoon Sting 3 - SpongeBob destroying Squidward's house
‣ Hide and Seek - Arthur Harold Wilkinson ["Wow, Squidward's really let this place go."]
‣ Cartoon Sting 1 - Patrick taking a shower
‣ Unknown Track 2 - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Okay, you're good to go."]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [Squidward wakes up]
‣ Unknown Track 2 - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["What's going on here?"]
‣ Unknown Track 1 - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Hole in one!"]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Squidward without teeth]
‣ SpongeBob History Song - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob's Frozen Face-Off, Disorder in the Deep, Deep-Sea Games, and Complete Eighth Season DVDs.
- As of September 30, 2017, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 7.4/10 based on 34 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a 6.6/10 based on 7 votes.
- The letters of the title card are plaid, similar to SpongeBob's outfit in the episode.
- Just like in "Funny Pants," Squidward's house has giant hands to plug the ears. However, unlike "Funny Pants," this time, it's made of sand.
- It is revealed that Squidward has dentures as teeth.
- This is the second time Squidward's eyepatch gets burned. The first was in "Night Light."
- This is the second time Patrick uses Squidward's shower. The first was in "Naughty Nautical Neighbors."
- This marks the second instance that the same time card is used more than once within an episode. The first instance was in "Sun Bleached" with a 2 Hours Later... time card.
- This is one of a few times where the background fish enter SpongeBob's home.
- This is one of few times it rains hard in Bikini Bottom. Others include "Nasty Patty," "Missing Identity," "Pineapple Fever," "The Curse of the Hex," and "Pull Up a Barrel."
- In the episode "Squid's Visit," Squidward said that he has never gone to SpongeBob's house, but in this episode, he went to SpongeBob's house to complain about his and Patrick's loudness. It is most likely that this episode took place after "Squid's Visit."
- This episode premiered one year after "The Play's the Thing" premiered and SpongeBob's Boating Bash was released in Europe.
- When SpongeBob wakes up, his alarm clock is on the wrong side of his bed.
- When SpongeBob said "Let's get this game teed off," he was not next to a starting point. But when he got the golf balls (and was still standing in the same place when he did) he just bent down and a starting place was there.
- SpongeBob and Patrick say "Play [the ball] where it lands" at first, but the phrase gets changed to "play it where it lies" midway through the episode.
- Although Patrick said he and SpongeBob were a tie, "3 strokes to 3," on SpongeBob's third stroke, he just missed the hole, so it would be at 4 strokes to 3.
- Hole 3 would be physically impossible. The ball has to go across the ceiling, which gravity would affect, and then the ball goes into a set of barrels, but, the pipes are in areas that would be impossible to reach without the bottom of the barrel's inside being elevated to the pipe's level.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick hit their balls into Squidward's house, they break a window. However, when SpongeBob walks around blindfolded and destroys Squidward's things, he breaks the same window. The window was already broken.
- SpongeBob's golf ball could not have made it into the kelp salad in Squidward's refrigerator as the refrigerator would have likely been closed with the kelp salad inside. The only exception is if Patrick put SpongeBob's golf ball in there and then ate it to cheat.
- When SpongeBob broke a window, all the glass was inside Squidward's house, but it should have been outside which is the direction he was hitting the windows towards. The same thing happened when the ball went into Squidward's bedroom.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick go into Squidward's bedroom, the red ball is not seen in Squidward's mouth until Patrick tells SpongeBob.
- SpongeBob broke Squidward's house's eye windows in the gallery. But later in the episode, Patrick did more destruction to the same windows, only when Patrick did it, the windows weren't in the gallery like earlier in the episode, they were in Squidward's bedroom.
- It would be impossible for the ball to reach SpongeBob's house. Patrick hit only 1 wall down when there was a hallway in the house in the direction he was facing Squidward, meaning he would have to break through two walls; and considering the fact SpongeBob's bedroom window is facing away from Squidward's house throughout the episode.
- Even though SpongeBob and Patrick finished the game by making the shot from Squidward's house, they only did three holes on their course. There were at least 18 holes. This is known because Patrick asks Squidward to join them on the Back 9. So, they had only begun the game, not ended it.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick hit the balls off Squidward, Squidward's dentures do not go flying with the balls or land in Gary's Food Bowl.
- SpongeBob and Patrick would not have won unless they counted Gary's food bowl as a hole.
- SpongeBob and Patrick could not have both won. Assuming that they knew this, the actual winner of the golf game was not revealed.