Year 2003 (MMIII) was a common year of the Gregorian calendar that started on a Wednesday. 1 episode is in 2001 hiatus. The creators needed time for film production. Gary Takes a Bath is the only episode that premiered in the Summer of 2003.
Only 6 episodes premiered this year. This is the smallest amount of episodes to premiere in one year.
- January 24 - The Great Snail Race and Mid-Life Crustacean premiered.
- March 21 - The Sponge Who Could Fly premiered.
- July 26 - Gary Takes a Bath premiered, ending Season 2, Shanghaied re-aired in its normal 16 minute form.
- October 4 - Born Again Krabs and I Had an Accident premiered.
- October 21 - Battle for Bikini Bottom was released in North America.
- December 14 - This is when Patrick's license from Driven to Tears was going to expire. This is also when SpongeBob's licences from Nautical Novice, No Free Rides, and Sleepy Time were going to expire.
- January 28 - Bikini Bottom Bash and Deep Sea Sillies are released.
- March 4 - The Sponge Who Could Fly and Anchors Away are released.
- July 29 - Laugh Your Pants Off and Sponge-A-Rama are released.
- September 30 - Christmas was released.